BK016 - More Flavor Text In Game

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by DeadnGone, Jun 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeadnGone

DeadnGone Avatar

This is purely an optional request, meaning one that can be toggled on/off by every player if needed.

I think there needs to be more "flavor text" in the game as a pop-up book page perhaps... one that i can minimize and re-open and read at my liesure if im being beaten on by mobs. In lieu of voice acting and combined sound effects this would be a nice added touch to various points along a quest line, at special places/points of interest, when entering dungeons or certain rooms/points within the dungeon.

You can see some of these things already but it would be nice to see a good bit more. Perhaps they can describe the room before, or add to it, describing the atmosphere, mood, etc, whether the wind is rustling debris on the ground, flickering candles, echoing screams down the corridor, etc

D&D games did this to good effect and while not everyone wants to read and just wants to get on with their lives, sometimes its nice to have this added dimension to the game for those that want to adventure and enjoy a bit of enhancement to the game. Would also like to see more detailed tool-tips, descriptions on items or lore/history, etc on items as well. It took Dungeons & Dragons Online quite a while to get where it is on voice acting/sound effects for flavor text, but I think we could at least add just some more flavor text for now.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.