Blackstone Development, Ltd. IS Seeking Unity Designers For SOTA's First Megalopolis

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by BSDevLTD, Aug 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Logain

Logain Avatar

Read again ;) He said you'd get :

That's easily more than 450+75 = $525 (in SotA items, but you could always sell these) according to the current Add-On store. Not a bad payment for a single scene by any means (if you are a skilled Level designer, that is).

Blake Blackstone likes this.
  2. Blake Blackstone

Blake Blackstone Avatar

Being able to read is an important prerequisite for this position.

I explicitly said in a couple of different places that I am offering a pay for this job. Either in property or store credit. If this is what you are referring to as "work for me for free" then you are not who I want. I want someone who wants to play SOTA and be proud that they have helped create the best city in the game and are able to work they way up the nobility chain. Its possible that this becomes something that we can replicate and I have ,also, kickstarted Star Citizen. If they open up something like Shroud it is possible that we may do it there to. Which will lead to more opportunity for people. If it comes to a point where we are actually making real $$$ then we can always work something out.

Again, its not about money to us. Its about being able to be a tiny Portalarium, per se.

Thanks,
    Blake

*** Its also a tax free town deed from my LOTM account. Not sure what the value on Tax free town lots but it seems to be a little rare unless you are throwing down 5k+.

Logain likes this.
  3. Goliath Pomerantz

Goliath Pomerantz Avatar

Wow you are doing something great for this game i almost feel like I want to be part of your megalopolis do you have a site for me to look at and research you a little?

Cobain1234 likes this.
  4. Cobain1234

Cobain1234 Avatar

We've decided that the best route is to hire Unity designers outside of the game due to time constraints(don't have time to convince the forums we are legit). The multiple postings from different accounts is a bug in the forums that I don't have time to figure out. I thank everyone for the positive feedback and guidance outside of the forums. Once we have something to show we will reopen certain aspects for people who wanna be part of Blackstone Hills.

Great opportunities are a rarity in life. Sometimes you have to take a gamble. That's what I'm doing, I was hoping there were people out there that feel the same.

Cheers,
    Blake

5. Blake Blackstone

Blake Blackstone Avatar

I did miss quote that... Im working on building 2 metros, holdfast, and 2 hamlets and was just writing something down.

Campaign stats:
    125.5k New Britanians
    37.5k Backers
    698 Knights(town level tax free village lot) -$1200 total pledge
    256 Lords-(same)- $1600-$2200
    24 LOTM + me- $12,000

There are 978 Town level tax free lots. .78% of the overall population/2.61% of backers population.

Town lots on the add on store(not tax free) are $450.

What is a Tax Free Town lot worth possibly to the merchant who doesn't have this item? Note: only backers are getting these and the window WILL close on this.

Anyway, all the negativity and comments such as these only reaffirm that this is something I need to hire out. It was a bad idea to throw it on the forums.

*** There might be an error in this post. Please make sure to quote it and make a troll comment. :)

TEK likes this.
  6. Blake Blackstone

Blake Blackstone Avatar

Also, Ive have received a bunch of good advice and help from the community. I really appreciate this as I am very weak when it comes to terminology and unity design!!!
    You guys are awesome.

Logain likes this.
  7. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

FWIW, you have the seeds of a an interesting idea. It is cool to see an ambitious project like this.

Some people may be skeptical until they see more details or draft town designs. I think it i understandable that people are afraid of donating to a town whenever there seems to be a recent case of potential fraud (I don't know the details as I didn't follow it). That doesn't mean that your idea sucks, nor that people hate it / will hate it. Keep posting and make sure to contribute ideas all across the forum. When people see you give feedback and ideas in other posts then they will warm to you as a person and a leader, and then be more willing to help out.

One of the community members created a Unity map for Beran's Reach; I have no idea if he was paid but I want to guess that he wasn't. Beran's Reach grew out of the Bear Tavern project which has been around since the beginning. Those people have had time to gel together, build ideas, and even raise money together. It ain't rocket science, and I'd be willing to bet you know this too. Soft power wins you the favour of other community members.

Just keep going. :)

Blake Blackstone and Logain like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.