1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Blessing in a Bottle

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by kaeshiva, Mar 7, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

So the premise here is,
    Some of the 3-day blessings are super easy to do, you run in, you click a thing - voila, blessing obtained.
    Some are a bit more tedious, requiring you to run around and gather stuff, etc.

The reality is, the first time you solve the puzzle, assuming you actually solve it, its fine.
    Having to go back and re-solve it every 3 days to renew the buff is not a good experience. If anything, its an onerous task. Its particularly awful when you are trying to get the sun/moon blessings from Shaminian Hills, which has a built-in-delay-mechanic requiring you to wait for shadows to be in a certain place which somehow no matter when I go, I always seem to "just miss." So I stand there for half an hour, twiddling. This on top of the annoying/frustrating "you can't hold more than 2 of these quest items" bs that requires a lot of pointless running about twirling levers or refetching the things. It has gotten old. It used to not be so bad when you could prevent the quest items from being consumed, but as that has been changed....yeah, its horribleannoyinghate.

So, my suggestion/wishlist item -

Allow players to make some sort of fancy magical contraption/container using hardened flasks, glass sheets, arcane catalysts (from sieges), or whatever. Allow the player to "fill" this container with the blessing shrine's magicness when you activate it. Then you could stock up some of these and not have to go relive the tedium quite as often. I'd be perfectly happy if these were no trade, although, being able to list/sell these as another consumable commodity has potential s well. Also gives a use for arcane catalysts that is probably worth using them for without adding anything OP to the game - its essentially just saving me time/hassle. It would also be nice if you were a bit pressed for time today and didn't want to fool with it or,to stock up on those lost vale blessings that never seem to be up, or even stockpile some supercharged atospool blessings if we wanted to throw that in the mix. It would be interesting to see a market emerge for this. Hell, even make it a cash sink requiring us to buy some 500g component to make the things and just...take my money.

2. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Yeah. Thankfully, the Lamech's blessing isn't that big of a pain to get, but it's still annoying enough. If anything, that makes it more annoying, because it's just this easy-but-tedious thing I have to do before I start playing. I know the original idea was to get people to visit less-used scenes, but I think this was a poor solution. It's not like you really "spend time" in the scene, you just blur through to get what you want and leave. I'm not saying I have a better solution (or at least, one that isn't a massive rework of the whole game) but what we have is just a tedious annoyance which, to be frank, has often resulted in just not playing that day.

3. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

I agree with the tedium, for sure.
    Personally, I'd be happy if they made them all 7days instead of 3. That would be a big help....

4. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Unless you only play on weekends.

Time Lord and Cordelayne like this.
  5. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I think what's so frustrating for me is the wide disparity and time and effort for different buffs.
    Quite a few are "go here, collect this" others are "go click these 3 things then go to spot" but some rely on killing things for drops that aren't 100% or running all over creation. The Shaminian hills one is by far the worst with the completely pointless "sit here and do nothing for 20 minutes because reasons" mechanic after already dealing with an irritating puzzle mechanic which at this point has zero challenge but just requires a lot of running about.
    After the first few times, its not interesting, its not exploring, its just a boring chore. Thus the blessing in a bottle suggestion. Every time I zone into Shaminiian hills to go get that one, I literally sit there and just decide if I'm going to play enough in the next 3 days to even bother and once I've just decided, nah, and logged off lol.

Vaiden Luro, Anpu, Cordelayne and 2 others like this.
  6. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

[​IMG]

Pifester and Cordelayne like this.
  7. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

What do weekends have to do with it?

Time Lord and Cordelayne like this.
  8. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Well, if you only play two days a week, there's no real difference between a three day blessing and a seven day blessing. Unless we go like ESO and the timer only ticks down when you're logged in.

Not saying that invalidates the idea or anything, just pointing it out as a thing for those of us who play(ed) only one or two days a week.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2022
    Time Lord, FBohler and Cordelayne like this.
  9. Atticus Gryphonheart

Atticus Gryphonheart Legend of the Hearth

With restrictions beginning to end, my playing time will be greatly reduced.

During quarantine, I could play for several days in a row, but now my play time is being reduced to maybe 4 to 5 hours a week if I am lucky as restrictions have been dropped.

Now one of the first things I do when I log on is try to get the 3 day zone blessings, visit shrines and pools, and then go for the stacker buff.

Usually by the time I accomplish all these tasks, about an hour is wasted, and I have a little burnout where I usually rest for about an hour before starting up again (losing an hour on the stacker buff).

I like the idea of Blessing in the bottle for the 3 day blessings.

It would allows a way to farm those a bit a save up (and then all I have to do is get a fresh stacker buff instead).

Time Lord, FBohler and Cordelayne like this.
  10. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

11. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

[​IMG]

Time Lord and Anpu like this.
  12. ngavarta

ngavarta Avatar

Hmm ... good idea :)
    [​IMG]

Cordelayne and Time Lord like this.
  13. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

I like my stacker buffs with bacon.

Time Lord likes this.
  14. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Haha yeah that particular blessing is horrible (even before, when you could skip most of it). I honestly changed my build because I was so sick of doing that one.

FrostII and Time Lord like this.
  15. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

One other suggestion, allow blessings to last a bit longer for people in the optional rewards program. That would then be a convenience option for subscribers, but is not Pay To Win, as anyone at anytime can go get those blessings.

Time Lord and Adam Crow like this.
  16. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

:) ~Premium Paywalls~ :)
    [​IMG]
    "YES!" :D~TL~:thumbs up:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.