Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Blinking loot

Discussion in 'Release 52 QA Feedback Forum' started by Feeyo, Mar 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

Love the new blinking of the harvesting points and loot in the world!
    Thanks!

2. Aartemis

Aartemis Avatar

Now see, I was waiting to D/L QA but now you go and say *this*, so I need to get it NOW to see. hahah :D

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I was thinking this last night. Really nice.

4. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

It's funny that the cotton bushes look sort of like Christmas trees when they flash. But they were always easy to see, so not as important as the others.

Oysters should give you at least some chance of seeing them now. Most of them when ready to harvest are the same color as the ground they are placed on, making them really hard to see. It's not much of a blink, but it's about as bright as the blink from enchanted gear, so you can see it in the day.

Then I made a point of going to Solace Bridge where I know of plenty of garlic plants. No blinking. ;_;
    Nightshade doesn't blink either. I guess they just haven't got around to it either yet.
    Serpent scales seem like they're trying to blink, but the outline is so thin that I can barely see it even on maximum close-up.

5. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

Would be nice to have those also blinking a bit indeed, they are too hard too spot.
    Not sure if I would like tree's to blink though. Maybe they should just leave them like they are.
    What do you guys think about mining ore? Too blink or not too blink?

6. Grimace2

Grimace2 Avatar

Does the resource blinking/highlight happen at a certain skill level?

Should a skill allow the avatar to more easily see the resources to gather?

7. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

I am not sure if that is the case, there are skills that make the resource better viewable from the distance. Not sure it will blink/highlight more when higher level though.

8. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

The blinking of ore isn't too bad in the dark. The colored veins help in daylight, except that iron is often still a colorless gray and hard to see against similar colored rocks.
    "Better viewable" as in sparkles that can barely be seen except in the best of (non-) lighting conditions isn't very helpful. And increasing the skill only increases the distance, not the visibility of the sparkles.

9. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

Ah ok did not know that. So then yeah we need the blinking/highlighting on them too :)

10. Grimace2

Grimace2 Avatar

A subtle highlight to let players know a resource exists in their field of view can be helpful.

An obvious and difficult to ignore visual cue to tell a skilled harvester that a node has matured to harvest would be useful to tie to a skill.

That's how I would distinguish the difference and make the skill (from the skill tree) more useful and rewarding.

11. ErikRulez

ErikRulez Avatar

I guess this isn't loot that uses the blink spell. That would be very appropriate for April fools day.

Feeyo likes this.
  12. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

haha - That would be awesome :)

13. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

I think the only things that need to blink are all the resources except the ore and the tress. Theses do not need it, and would look silly, leave the trees and the ore as they already are.

Feeyo likes this.
  14. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

Like the color change for the blinking resources and loot. Just would like it also that it will not highlight anymore after I harvested it ;)
    [​IMG]

15. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Okay, now the highlight is greenish and very noticeable. It seems to be a green pulsing glow on everything, even ore and trees and carcasses! They also seem to stop pulsing when you begin to harvest them.

I think I would be happier if the pulsing color went back to white, because the green is just a bit too eerie. Even another color like blue or violet would be nicer. But I do think making them all similar is a good thing (coconut being red was odd)

- oysters: about half of the oysters light up dimly
    - serpent scales: the whole thing lights up rather brightly
    - trees: the left and right sides of the tree base (relative to your viewing angle) light up
    - nightshade: the berries light up, this looks really good
    - cotton: the whole thing pulses green from underneath, and I can see one right now from a surprising distance, I have a feeling its distance limit isn't working
    - carcasses: it makes them look like toxic waste or something, this is the eeriest of them all
    - ores: it looks like now all of them glow green, I think it's not good to make them all the same color, but at least I can reliably see iron now!
    - salt: general glow around the salt rocks
    - garlic: the whole plant glows green, but it can still be hard to see if it's in the middle of a bunch of green grass during daytime
    - coconuts: used to pulse red from below, now the whole thing pulses green, especially as an outline

Feeyo likes this.
  16. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

- mandrake: yellow part in the middle is outlined
    - granite: one side of the mound pulses green
    - ash pile: one side of the mound pulses green, but it isn't easy to see
    - sulfur pile: I can see a little pulsing, but these were so bright and glowy already that they were already hard to miss

After playing with it for a while, oysters are definitely much easier to notice! The pulsing causes a change in contrast so there are more chances for it to be at least a little visible when it was previously camoflauged. Garlic seems to stand out a little better, but I haven't yet found one in a really hard place.

In general though, this should be good for new players. The things that older players are used to, especially trees and cotton, might not be so obvious that they are harvestable. This should catch the eye well.

Garlic visibility seems a bit improved, but I have had times when due to lighting I couldn't see a garlic that I knew was there. I think it just doesn't get quite bright enough.

Also, I just realized that the sparkles are completely gone.

Feeyo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.