Blocking the despicable PK *-p-o-l-l-*

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by CaptainJackSparrow, Dec 3, 2013.

?

Should I have the right to fully block another player for any reason?

1. * yes * I want the ability to block another player in full

41.3%
  2. * no * I should not have the ability to remove another player from my game in full

58.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Why would they allow a system like that? We already know you are not going to be able to switch mode without being in a safe area.

If you can't keep them from getting away to that safe area, think of it like a game, it's part of PvP.

2. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

running to a safe zone would be good by me, but totally switching over would be lame! thats what i was saying! i think we got out of hand on the other thread LOL! All of us!

3. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

From reading about Tabula Rasa PVP and the descriptions I've heard so far I think it sounds like they might have similar PVP modes. Guild wars, dueling, and pvp areas. I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was handled that same way. There wont be any flagging off/on for pvp, you consent either by going to the pvp area or agree to a duel or join a guild that declares war on other guilds. When you are in pvp I don't expect you'll be able to block anyone. But outside of PVP i expect you should be able to block people.

blaquerogue likes this.
  4. Owain

Owain Avatar

You cannot immediately change your flag. You can only do that if you make it to a safe area, such as a town where you are not subject to attack anyway. Not unfair at all.

Gabriel Nightshadow likes this.
  5. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

Did a developer finally open up on how that was being handled? I didn't think it was an actual option you can change.

6. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Agreed!

7. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

No different than logging off. (and no, I did not get out of hand)

8. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

SPO/FPO to avoid OPO

9. Owain

Owain Avatar

As far as I know, this has always been the case since the very first dev chats that have discussed the whole PvP by consent only concept.

10. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

I think you might be misinterpreting flagged for pvp... Being flagged for pvp can mean you accepted a duel, you are in a full-time pvp guild, your guild declared war on another guild, you entered an area that is PVP, you accepted a quest that puts you in pvp mode. Not that you toggled an option. I could be wrong, but that is how I believe it works.

11. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

I was just saying that because the thread got closed! I was just making a joke!:)

Time Lord likes this.
  12. Owain

Owain Avatar

I don't think there will be PvP areas, but I'm hoping that there will be a flag to set whereby you consent to Open PvP, and the entire world outside town is a PvP area. To me, that's what Open PvP means.

13. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Im hoping there are PVP areas because i want to roll play my character! I need that to play his type!

Time Lord likes this.
  14. Owain

Owain Avatar

Logging off should not be instantaneous, however. There should be a delay from the time you start the attempt and the completion, and if you are interrupted by an attack, the logoff fails. A 30 second timeout should be sufficient.

15. Owain

Owain Avatar

And what type would that be?

16. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

That's been an industry standard for a very long time.

Personally, I would like to see a camp feature where you must secure an area before logging off. Then it would be a faster log off. If not, it's going to keep you in game for a reasonable amount of time.

17. Owain

Owain Avatar

Yeah, but if you don't spell things like this out, there are those *cough* blaquerogue *cough* who will breathlessly claim, "OMG you can just log out and escape, that is so UNFAIR!!!1!"

UO had a similar thing with bedrolls, but I never saw the need. Signal a log off, watch until your character disappears, then turn off the game. Accomplishes the same thing as sitting around waiting for a message, "Your camp is secure."

18. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

In the 1.7 million stretch goal they mention: meteorites, volcanic eruptions, outbreaks of rare plants and animals can appear and vanish suddenly for those who are paying attention. Some PVP focused resources appear in tile.

To me it sounds like these things might set your for pvp I'm sure with a warning and an option to leave the area. And for PVP areas I'm thinking battleground style, capture the flag, control points, etc. that are in a set place in the world. Gives you a warning it's a pvp area so you can leave the tile if you want to. There are all sorts of ways of handling it so it's consensual and doesn't make non-pvpers angry.

19. Owain

Owain Avatar

A lot of ideas have been spitballed, but I don't think an actual PvP game design yet exists, which is why everyone is still jockeying for position.

20. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

They are still discussing it internally but I think if you want open pvp you'll have to join a guild that has declared full-time pvp. per the 2 million stretch goal. There are a lot of hints and clues, and if you look at tabula rasa you can get an idea of how they are most likely to set it up. selective multiplayer does give them more options for opening up pvp and full-loot for those who want it. So I guess we'll have to wait and see. These guys know what they are doing. I'm sure they've been debating it just as much as we are.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.