Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Blood Bay: Novia boats all point to Port Graff island

Discussion in 'World Building, Scenes, Environment, & Overworld' started by Ancev, Dec 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

It appears that all Novia boats in blood bay direct me to Port Graff island and I can't get back to the ulfheim/northwood side even if I've taken the boat from there? In order to get back I'm required to teleport to someone, or go through a POT - which in most cases are all PvE POT's. Players can be banned from these PvE POT's at a whim, and shouldn't be the default travel path from blood bay to the northwood side of novia. imho.

It would make more sense that only PvP POT's and zones (brave coast) can be connected to blood bay but I'm sure that's a minority opinion, and we do want more players to go there and not fewer, but it's certainly a lot of power to have the ability to ban someone from a default travel path from blood bay.

Perhaps if you have a Lot in blood bay, you can't be banned from connected POT's.

bug & feedback

2. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

err.. Graff Island..

3. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

@Ancev There are two boats on the eastern side of the island that both point to Graff Island. There's one boat on the western side of the island (by the dragon boss fight) that goes to Northwood area. In this way, you need to exit from the side of the island associated with the direction you want to go. Just to confirm: Did you try the boat on the west side by the dragon boss fight and that one also mentioned Graff Island as the target?

4. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

I'll try it again but I tried exiting from all of the red boats (judges watch, smugglers hold, dragon boss area) and they all put me on the overland map at graff island when I made this post.

@Sannio updated: yep all red boats still dumping me onto overland map at graff island

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
  5. Sannio

Thanks for the extra info I'll look into it. Issue #3594

6. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

7. Sannio

I'm going to give those Blood Bay boats the "list" treatment. Meaning, they will be three orange-sail boats (on near Judge's Watch, one near Smuggler's Hold, and one near Isle of Bones) that, when you click on them, you'll get a list of "Northwest Graff Island," "Southwest Graff Island," and Northwood Vicinity" that you can choose from. (This change won't be in until end of January.)

Jaesun, Ancev and Weins201 like this.
  8. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

Cool. I do remember being able to get to Northwood from the Isle of Bones red boat at some point, maybe a release or two ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.