Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Blood River Outskirts discontinuity between wooden bridge and path prevents spell targetting

Discussion in 'Release 44 Dev+ Bug Forum' started by Wintermute of CoF, Jul 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

25/07/2017 01:47
    Title: Blood River Outskirts discontinuity between wooden bridge and path prevents spell targetting
    Reproduction Rate: 1/1
    Blocker? N
    Details: Approached the Vigilante Camp and was stopped and forced into a conversation with Claude. I chose fight but could not attack until the archer moved. Casting a ring of fire shows that there is a pathing discontinuity between the bridge where I'm standing and the path where Claude was standing.
    Steps to Reproduce: Talk to Claude; choose to fight; note that you cannot fight the archer until he moves to the bridge
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz (4) System RAM: 32098
    GPU: GeForce GTX 1060 6GB/PCIe/SSE2 GPU RAM: 6144
    SotA.EarlyAccess.QA.Linux.64.526.Date.07.24.17
    Area: Novia_R7_Forest02_01
    Area Display Name: Blood River Outskirts
    Loc: (257.3, 68.4, -153.4)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjdfRm9yZXN0MDJfMDF8fCgyNTcuMjU4LCA2OC40MTksIC0xNTMuMzc5KXwoMCwgLTAuNzQzLCAwLCAtMC42Nyl8LTEzNDQuMDYxfDMyLjEwNDgzfDQuNzU1NTM5

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
  2. Puuk

Puuk Developer Emeritus

Because high level players were farming Claude and Julius, and because they are both quest completers, I had to change their faction to Friendly to All. That being said, they still had the options in their dialogues for the player to attack them, which doesn't play nice with friendly to all NPCs. So, I went in a removed the attack options and replaced them with just dialogues that basically say these NPCs don't have time for shenanigans, and the belligerent avatar should take a hike - convo ends. The other guards will attack, but they aren't quest completers. Yes, it may seem weird that one guard is fighting and the other isn't, but that's how it's has to be, unless people want me to remove the other two fight-able guards at the gate, but then there'll be no one to fight at the gates.

Elwyn likes this.
  3. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

OK, but there's still the bug is that there is a targetting discontinuity between the bridge and the path. Want me to edit?

4. Puuk

Puuk Developer Emeritus

Yes please. It's a separate issue that will need to go to the world builder to fix.

5. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

OK, please move thread to world building bug forum (I assume you can do that?).

Edit: Thanks :)

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.