Bludgeon Mage

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Barugon, Jul 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Anyone play a bludgeon mage? It occurred to me today that this might actually be a really good build. Staffs are actually pretty good bludgeon weapons and when I equipped a basic, reward staff on my low level, chain wearing polearm guy, his fizzle with Dash went from 54% to zero! I'm seriously thinking about reconfiguring him to be a bludgeon guy.

2. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

I did try it, and it can add a little punch to your combat, considering you can give a little smack fom time to time, and that alot of Bludgeon skills have great CC. You can then use that CC to let you charge a lomger casting time spell or just to get out of range again. Carefull though, since enchants aren't adjusted from a wand to a staff, many will say you are wasting potention, only getting half rhe enchantements, but if you ignore that and decide to have fun, you might actually enjoy it!

Barugon likes this.
  3. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

What about enchanting a bludgeon weapon (axe, hammer, etc) with similar specs as your wand? That way you can have the damage of the weapon and magic to do more damage.

I've not tested this but seems like a good plan since the wand was put in this skill tree instead of an area better suited for wands.

Barugon likes this.
  4. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

What happens is there are specific enchantements and Masterworks for wands and staves, that cant be applied to other weapons, and wands and Staves cant receive weapon enchants (such as bludgeon skill damage up and so on) thus you will clearly have different results going for one or the other, and in the case of OP, using a bludgeon weapon will still give him high fizzle chance.

Barugon likes this.
  5. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Best PvP build I had in the day was bludge Earth mage which was one really kick butt 1H hammer and a 1H Earth wand all with chain. But then earth got nurfed. It was a fun build, chain stuns plus great magic punch.

Barugon, Fister Magee and Lesni like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.