Bludgeon Stuns/All Stuns in PvP

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Abstrax Phoenix, Mar 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

They do not want to balance pvp content at the expense of pve. Its too much work.

I'm going to be the devil's advocate here, please don't take this personally.

It's pretty clear by the pattern that they are going out of their way to unbalance PVP by instituting huge PVE changes; first example is warding skills, and also the bandit gear.
    Now the bard. You can stack refrain of resistance and get more magic resist and more DR too now... lul. The bard heal is the most OP skill in the game currently. Let alone savage sonata (even broken).

The devs want to hear the pvpers argue for balance, they want to show the PVE crowd your complaints. Dont get played. Nothing is going to change with catnip games.

Just adjust. You cry about not being able to kill someone who is built to fight you? Accept it and rotate to another deck/setup/gear. You complain that you need archery to win in PVP? I kill archers all the time without using archery... its not a valid complaint, there is always a way..... You complain that there is too much warding? Switch deck to physical damage. Asking for specific things that only apply in PVP will ruin the concept of the classless system in this game and then we will hear complaint about how high lvl people got that skill to insane lvls and cant be beat. They want you to complain so they can show the PVE crowd how you are destroying their game for your PVP. The more they add, the more powerful puncture and piercing shot becomes, THERE IS NO WAY AROUND THIS CONUNDRUM.

Nothing they can do to balance the game at this point, even adding a new specific PVP skill cause I can put more exp in it than you. It wont fix the PVP. The only fix to PVP is to be like Antrax and adjust constantly to the changes, take advantage of the dev fails, use multiple sets/gear/decks. That is the true essence of PVP. Evolve.

Just think about it. Whatever they add will not work. They need to be able to add more artifacts, they need to be able to add more skills. They cannot work on PVP with the small crew they have. PVP was fun back in the day when different counters existed but it was never going to last.

PvP is dead.

2. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

I don't do PvP but I understand the situation. Break one to fix the other it's a never-ending cycle where in the end no-one is happy. I believe there is a solution utilizing a foundation already in place. The buff/debuff system already has hooks into any adjustments to the player needed to help balance PvP play. And since the system also knows who you are being attacked by there should be nothing preventing an auto-applying PvP buff that would adjust how a player is affected by another players skills. Don't change the whole system, tweak it at the player level using the buff system that is already there. Maybe @Elgarion can put in a word for the idea :)

Last edited: May 5, 2020
    Aeryk likes this.
  3. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

Soft caps already do this. That isnt the issue. I can kill people that have double my exp, players with half my exp can kill me. The issue isnt about lvl. The issue is that we can have too many deck and too much gear to select a perfect counter to anyone we meet. What I explained in the post before yours describes the fact that I can switch at will with enough exp. Anyone can. But you cannot keep PVP "stable" if the devs are pumping out new skills and new gear into the game that doesnt take pvp counters into consideration. A buff as you describe who simple make all the exp and game time people have put into the game to a useless lvl and make pvp an even bigger joke than it is. Plenty of players understand enough about pvp to know that your lvl isnt what makes you succesful in pvp, its the knowledge of who you are facing and your setup to counter that person. A buff/newskill will never solve this. Its fine the way it is. The soft caps work. The counters worked (pre-warding, pre-bandit). Now its just over because of the bard tree. Everyone must level up bard and take it into consideration and this is a GOOD thing. But now the countering system is all borked out and we need to find the new balance and I dont think that will be possible with help for the mages out there. Perhaps a spell penetration skill could rebalance everything? But push it too far in one direction and everyone starts to play as mages again :p

Crowquills and Violet Ronso like this.
  4. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

Also the real issue is puncture and piercing shot. Giving mages a version of this could give them a chance in pvp. But why stop there?

Boris Mondragon and Violet Ronso like this.
  5. Abstrax Phoenix

Abstrax Phoenix Avatar

PvP has been dead for a while now. In fact I could even go as far and say the game is dead. This game was so hyped up because of ultima and everything... And here we are. A game with not a whole lot coming out every month, horrible crashing and performance, not a whole lot of people playing,a small dev team, non existent pvp system. The list goes on and on. Not to mention all of the negative reviews everyone reads everywhere, stopping a ton of new players from playing. The game is in a bad spot, you cant say otherwise. Its why many people have stopped playing before, and tons still qutting to this day. I can go on a huge list of people who left disappointment, leaving for other games. And I dont blame them at all. Anyways... Let talk about performance. There are literally people crashing from dyes. FROM DYES!!! What kind of optimization is that? Honestly none at this point. With all of these things combined, and more that I didnt go into depth on or talk about, you can understand why people are leaving the game. Im sorry but the game is dead... Now, let me ask everyone here. How many new people do you see a day? Maybe 1 or 2 characters? How many of those are actual new players, and not just peoples alts? Not a lot of them. And... how many of those new players actually keep playing the game for a week? For a month? For a few months?

Crowquills and OzzyOsbourne like this.
  6. Aeryk

Aeryk Avatar

I believe we are at a good place to reset a bit here. I'm going to keep repeating this, apologies to those that already have the message: In skill based systems, if PvP is broken then so is PvE. This is an opportunity again to use PvP to help balance and make the combat interesting for everyone.

7. Aeryk

Aeryk Avatar

No reason to see this as "dev fails". This is just how things work in any PvP game. The meta changes. Sometimes because a system changes. More often because players have found something interesting.

So to the point that i love you are making. Staying relevant in PvP does mean understanding the current meta. We should define that term for folk though. It is not just raw numbers that influence meta, but how players respond. The meta quickly diverges in ways that have nothing to do with the way things look in a spreadsheet or in the database (and does in systems that have multiple regions or servers). One of the most difficult tasks for a designer/developer is to grok the meta and make balance changes that do not outright kill specific styles of play.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.