Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Boar Heads was is a mistake to not have Pristine . .

Discussion in 'Release 51 Feedback Forum' started by Weins201, Mar 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

to be able to mount them?

every other critter has ot have a pristine Head to be able to mount it but the new boar just needs a head?

2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

They might not have the artwork done for mounted boar heads yet.

3. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

And then there's the Obsidian Stag..................
    Noble animal, no head.
    Go figure.

4. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

Yeah... I'd say the stag, and the boar should definitely both provide a rare pristine head that can be mounted. I'm sure it will happen. The one with the Stag may be an oversight that we need to report, since they have been around for quite a while. The boar... pretty likely that one is because they're so new, as Barugon stated. I hope so, anyway.

5. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Yeah the problem is oyu can mount a plain Boar Head it does not even have to be Pristine.

As for other animals - Every type should have a Pristine Head - Grey Wolves, 3 Types of Boars, Obs Stag, . . . If you can kill it, you hosuld be able to mount it. Squirrels, Rabits . . . . very large list of things that oculd be used to further the game.

But this is mostly about that you can mount just aa Boar Head, does not have to be pristine

6. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Ok so here is why this is indicative of a system and process that is lacking, and appears to take steps backwards instead of forwards?

So since the beginning you have ot have a Pristine Head of a certain type to be able to mount a Trophy.

Now they introduce Boars actually 4 diff type ; Squeaker, Boar, Gran Boar, and Grand Old Boar

Each and every type has heads on them so I can take my Squeaker head and get a Trophy or a Grand Old Boar and get a head to make a trophy.

These are not trophies they are just gimmicked oversights.

I have been out trying to get a Pristine Brown Bear head for quite some time now and have yet to get lucky enough to get one but I have gotten a bunch of Boar heads from Squeaker.

Sorry but this is bad planning and execution.

I have posted threads in other places how trophies could actually be something viable in the game but when things like this are done it just shows all ideas and wishes are for naught.

7. DeadnGone

DeadnGone Avatar

Hah yeah and the rabbit head, squirrel head, frog head too :) I can see some taxidermy options here and lil figures for deco.

But yeah, I agree with Weins201, would be nice to have the pristine version. Would be nice to have rare variants too when you loot a "pristine" head for mounting, like instead of a "pristine bear head you get a "head of old gnarl-tooth" with only one fang left and maybe a scar on his eye. Or rare variants that offer odd color patterns on the fur... (like a pristine polar bear head with a patch of blue fur down middle of head, or a pristine boar with a red mane, etc) just for collecting/trading and keeping the skinning part a lil more fun. Just a thought :)

Nikko and FrostII like this.
  8. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Boar heads are never pristine because they like to root around in the dirt. :D

Another thought: Considering the fact that you need property to display trophies and we hope for a huge influx of new players who won’t be property owners, the availability of a variety of craftable boar head trophies shouldn’t be at the top of the Devs’ to-do list.

9. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

touche, but one should NOT have even created a plain one that is mountable if every other head required pristine tags. If oyu create a flawed system and perpetuate backward steps you will not get new players.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.