Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Books (with player made content)

Discussion in 'Release 19 Feedback' started by Jatvardur, Jun 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

Just created some books! :D

I have some questions / comments. Would be nice to hear from the devs but perhaps the community can help to answer.

Questions:
    • What file types are allowed?
      • I got .txt to work. Haven't tried anything else.
    • What character sets are allowed?
      • single and double quotes, plus the elipses, used on the forums did not render well in-game
    • Is there input validation?
      • I would like to test this but would rather not. Especially not in a live / online environment, or without authorisation.
      • Probably best to handle some of this client side too.

Comments:

• I used a simple .txt that I copied and pasted from the forums. Some characters didn't render. The characters: single and double quotes, plus the elipses, used on the forums did not render well in-game. They can be easily replaced with find and replace of course but would be good to know the reason: not all character sets are enabled?
    • Seeing my story in-game is rewarding.
    • When you trade a book it says "book for writing in" in the chat box.
    • Buying books is slow. Can only buy one at a time
    • Seeing blank books in the book sellers list was a bit confusing at first. Perhaps this is future content?
    • The title page on the left should be grander! The title should stick out more too (is quite small)

[​IMG]

2. royalsexy

royalsexy Avatar

I had the same problem pasting from google docs, had to do a find and replace on all quotation marks, apostrophes and ellipsis. Otherwise I loved the formatting on the books, I've tested with 5 of my stories, making multiple copies to hand out to my friends. Great suggestion on the larger title, we've got a blank page on the left which would be a great place to put the title, author and perhaps a date. Definitely would be useful to purchase more than one at a time!

Mata and Jatvardur like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.