Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Boreas Colossus

Discussion in 'Release 44 Feedback Forum' started by Tiina Onir, Aug 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

Who the hell wrote this?

1. You've got puzzles with no context.
    2. You've got puzzles which require fighting the camera.
    3. You've got a series of riddles that have to be answered, from an NPC that you will auto-attack the second your weapons are drawn that is surrounded by aggro NPCs (Honestly, I liked the riddles, otherwise)
    4. You've got NPCs that will steal your cash (of course, there's no way to store your cash in the bank. you know that ONE FUNCTION that banks are made to do)
    5. You've got one of the highest difficulty mini-bosses for no apparent reason.
    6. You've got at least one area that if you die in, you have to wait out the timer because there is no way to get out to an ankh.
    7. At the top you've got a bunch of ranged. which means, anyone not ranged is screwed.
    8. To top it off, You've got to do redo all of them if you make any mistake.
    9. (EDIT) Oh, and the barrier cuts across the mountain, but is just an invisible wall rather then showing the animation for the barrier for the whole distance of it.

That's not fun, that's not challenging, that's just a nuisance. Here's the real kicker, you guys KNOW just how badly it's written. You specifically reference it in some of the dialogue! Do you guys really hate this game that much? Are you trying to make sure there is no episode 2?

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
    discipleofweb and Quenton like this.
  2. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

These issues have to be addressed as general issues rather than as just Boreas Colossus issues.

I've never been in there, but these are relatively prevalent throughout the game. It sounds a bit like you guys need some outside help from another designer. The game has to come back to being fun.

NPCs that steal cash when you can't bank your cash doesn't make any sense, except as a source of absolute frustration and in worse cases, trauma.

My guess is that not having an ankh around to resurrect was an oversight, because surely it's intended you can do something about your being dead wherever you are in the game beyond waiting.

The combat and camera issues are familiar horror stories by now.

3. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

AFAICT it's actually any point beyond a certain point where you can't get back to an ankh.

I realize a lot of these are problems throughout the game, but normally they are just minor annoyances... This is specifically part of one of the quests though, and it's like this section is designed to make them as big an issue as possible (and then calling out that you did in dialogue...). I'd get into more detail, but I fear it would tread into spoilers (I think anyone who's ran this will recognize everything I wrote though, so I don't think it's necessary).

I mean, I really like the IDEA of this area. I like the puzzles. With a little bit more context in a couple of places, I don't even have a problem with the specific puzzles. But once you've solved it, it's not rewarding to do it a second time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.