Botter in Krul

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tedio, Feb 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tedio

Tedio Avatar

Greeting!
    Me and a friend found a botter in Krul and we both reported him in game. I also recorded him if that will be needed. My question is, what happens if he wasnt botting, will we get in trouble for it? And if this guy sees this and stops botting, will he still be able to get cought?
    Best regards /Tedio

Sorthious and Halfwitte like this.
  2. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

How can you tell someone is botting? Does their "toon" just keep doing the same repetitive task or something?

3. Tedio

Tedio Avatar

Yes exacly, and he kept on following my friend to weird spots and put ring of fire on him for no reason, none of them were pvp flaged. But when the monkey spawned he went to his position and did his thing

4. Halfwitte

Halfwitte Avatar

It will usually follow a set pattern. There are some pretty advanced bots out there. Used to see a ton of them in Elder Scrolls Online. They would follow a circuit around a zone going to specific spots performing the same skills over and over again killing the same mobs repeatedly. They're usually pretty easy to spot and usually won't talk to you if you attempt conversation. If someone has figured out a way to bot the monkey room even if they didn't do it optimized it would be a massive advantage.

Brass Knuckles likes this.
  5. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

So it could fight autonomously as well? That's crazy.

6. Halfwitte

Halfwitte Avatar

Absolutely. There was a rash of mining bots a while back that were flooding the market with ore because they could set up a bot to got to every mining node and hit E to mine it. If it was there it would mine it, if it wasn't it would go to the next node. This was back before the respawn rate was changed. Bots have come a long way and cheating in this game was having catastrophic affects on everything.

7. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

they can check the server logs, they don't have to catcth them in the act.

Numa and Brass Knuckles like this.
  8. Tedio

Tedio Avatar

Yes, he did everything needed to farm the monkey room
    Ah okey, sounds good

9. SteelCore

SteelCore Avatar

No need for bots in Krul at all... after the 42nd turn in the monkey room everybodies actions looks like a bot :D

10. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

I think the devs have tools to spot botters.

11. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

1 you will not get in trouble for reporting a bot that is not, just do it once / twice and let the dice roll.

2 botting is going to be almost impossible to spot ((specifically, ( exact timing can look close for even manual casting if oyu are watching the game but, the 1000th of second repetitiveness is how one will get caught and even this can be avoided)). The development team has left is up to interpretation by very clearly stating they can ban ANYONE for using a Macro. They did this for exact reason like this.

It is sadly way to easy to record / playback macros that could work in confined areas like this. I can think of many places I could camp my char (2) and have him cast spells / fight (or second char heals while primary kills) over and over and could walk away. My risk of death would be miniscule.

They cannot stop it but if caught expect to be gone. They have clearly stated that if oyu are doing this to gain in the game you are wrong.

12. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

Kinda impossible to have tools to spot botters, everything can be randomised client side to not have repetitive task and exact same timing on skill usage. Bots arent what it was 20 year ago, they have AI now ;p

Weins201 likes this.
  13. DavidDC

Just like those dude who have 100k + of each ore everyweek. They for sure botting but hey, cant be in same mine as them, cant proof!

Single player mode is botters heaven.

Ahuaeynjgkxs and Weins201 like this.
  14. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

I think Elysium is hard to bot the way they designed it you either jump obstacles (which are hard to do even when not botting) or you go through the traps which have sidefects like stopping you in place unless you jump .... would like to see more traps that keep you pinned until you press a random key , they can be different everytime you go through them... I think Graff became botters heaven after elysium got redesigned i expect tons of copper and tin to hit the markets.

15. belijaal

belijaal Avatar

I hope that guy gets banned if he was really botting.

What I don't understand is though: why would a botter risk being caught in multiplayer mode if he can do his dirty business a lot safer in FO? (Apart from the 10% extra exp that is)

Numa likes this.
  16. DavidDC

Simple, he probably did it for a while and never got caught, or their friends did. So hes pushing his luck by trying to get more exp in multi. ;p

Numa and belijaal like this.
  17. Tedio

Tedio Avatar

My thought exacly, but he for sure was botting

belijaal likes this.
  18. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

he is not getting more exp in multi if he is not flagged - if he was flagged they could have just killed him :)

19. DavidDC

multi is 10% more, flaggued another 10%

20. Chaox

Chaox Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Thank you for the information, and thank you all for your input here. We take botting reports very seriously. If a player is found to be botting, we will certainly look into the matter and make an appropriate moderation decision if one is needed.

Numa, Elrond, Raven Swiftbow and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.