Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Break-away floors & the Etceter Crag Mines

Discussion in 'Release 19 Feedback' started by Miracle Dragon, Jul 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

Release 19 introduced Break-away floors and the Etceter Crag Mines, and this early in development is the most important time for feedback! Please share your first impressions/experiences exploring the vertical depths of the mines!

-My first thought running into one of these break-away floors is that there should be some that give way simply by stepping on them! (like traps).
    -Also, there should be alternate ways to get down/up level to level other than always having a ladder in place at the hole. I want to have to jump in, not knowing for sure if/how I'll find my way out again! (some levels can be designed without a way back up, creating one-way exits!
    -Really hoping to see some minecart rides that take us deeeeep now, (but not back up again)..

Remember those dead ends in caves/mines that were meant to represent miners tunneling and stopping because of water? (a water pool dead end) What if a break-away floor trap dropped you into one of these pools in a lower section of the dungeon? The pool of water should ensure that the trap doesn't kill the player alone..

There could also be areas where you enter a chamber, and as you walk in to what seems to be an empty room, some monster drops through the ceiling on top of you or behind you, blocking your means of escape? (we might already have this with spiders webbing down from the ceiling, i can't remember). I definitely hope spiders can crawl up/down these holes (they need to climb walls..) :D

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
    Hazard and Ravenclaw [BEAR] like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.