Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

brewing - a request

Discussion in 'Release 12 Feedback' started by ThurisazSheol, Nov 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

I spoke to Lord British the other night and he did confirm that there will be brewing in the game.

my specific question was asking if we'd be able to brew beer ale mead wine and metheglins.

for those who do not know: metheglins were brewed to provide a method of ingesting medicine a LOOOOOONG time ago..when the medicines were herbal and NASTY. usually they used mead, as it was very sweet, and both the alcohol and sugar from the honey made the medicine stronger - AND in the winter, the medicines would store better that way, as opposed to its raw format as dried herbs.

i then heard there will be a nutrition system built into the game too. - and this is awesomesauce (much like buffalo sauce, but made of awesome and only one calorie to boot!)

it got me to thinking.. as a hobbyist brewer in real life, i usually mix my meads with fruits and spices to flavor.. like apples and cinnamon sticks, or just apples...or orange peels..or for halloween, blood oranges..or chocolate extract (VERY tasty, when used with champagne yeast, by the way)

now these brews take time to happen. not like most of the things you can craft. but you make them in large batches.. IRL the homebrewer usually goes for 2, 5, or 10 gallon batches, with about half a gallon loss at the back-end.

the longer they brew the better they get..but there is always an upper limit to how long you ferment for. if you hit the sweetspot, you can capture some of the yeasties and never run out!

then there's bottling (alchemy! corks and wax) and labeling (textiles! think about it, "thuri's bottle-o-brittania" "fountain of everlasting life" you get the picture. note about bottling - if you use clear-ish bottles in game, it could show the color that is based on the fruit/etc you add to the brews (like blood oranges for example)

a friend of mine has a houseboat, in game. she's turned it into a bar and grill, currently in kingsport for the beta. i've already tended bar at a party there. was fun. would have been awesome to have CUSTOM brews..

another random thought, so we have locked chests... why not make white iron chests that also act like iceboxes, and let the crafted foods decay MUCH slower, if they decay at all?

2. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

You might want to check this one out:

Its well worth it.

ThurisazSheol likes this.
  3. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

You had me at "metheglins". I'm a meth-head too.

ThurisazSheol likes this.
  4. monxter

monxter Avatar

Liking the ideas. There are many possibilities where they can go with this.

5. Miganarchine

Miganarchine Avatar

Brewing beer would be great, If I could brew my beer and name it then take barrels on a cart around to the pubs, I also noticed Cider is not available at Fire Lotus :(

Any other trades you can think of chaps?

6. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

it certainly is, spoon. thanks!

i'd love to be able to mull ale wine cider and port too...

Spoon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.