Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

bring back the deck hand size dynamic

Discussion in 'Release 23 Feedback' started by mike11, Nov 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike11

mike11 Avatar

I would like to suggest to bring back the deck size dynamic, bar any other supersceding sort of changes. The size dynamic is important I think as deck building is currently one of the major decisions that players are making.
    I find that I wouldn't mind, for some builds, to have say more power or more speed my using a small deck?

Fister Magee and Budner like this.
  2. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

I found that to bee too complicated. Not complicated in and of itself, but complicated to manage on top of already balancing play style on top of the "randomness" of glyphs dealt. Dynamically changing effects based on deck size is interesting, though I would rather it remain left out.

3. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

Agree with Mike, miss the sizing and speed aspects of deck building. Gave a little more strategic depth. And these aspects would still work well with the new, revised deck system.

4. mike11

mike11 Avatar

Actually I think they should get rid of the locking the card in place (with Focus cost increase), that I find has no real purpose as it's purpose is to break the the whole dealing idea from the start. I find that counter-intuitive..

Maybe instead they could changing the locking inplace idea and make it into a skill training 'mode' of 'combat'. Although the game would still enter 'combat' mode the purpose would be to increase training gains?

5. JohnL

JohnL Avatar

I always play with a locked deck. I know, I'm old school. However, I like the idea that a specific action is permanently associated with a particular key. (Healing Touch is always 1 on my deck). It makes combat easier to work effectively. Happy to pay the focus penalty for my inability to adapt to the new system and I'm happy for both approaches to co-exist. It's part of the charm of the game. :)

Katrina Bekers likes this.
  6. mike11

mike11 Avatar

You realize you can lock ability locations without the penalty to Focus costs? That is what I am talking about.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.