1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Bring back the multicolored COTOs

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by kaeshiva, Mar 12, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Long long ago, in more complicated times, we had Crowns of the Obsidian in various flavors based on the different metal types in the game (meteoric iron, white iron, bronze, constantan, iron, and copper).
    These were phased out when a lot of things around the COTO system changed to make it simpler, which is totally fine.

But!

These coins used to be really cool deco in different colors and well, now they are just gone, poof, converted to shiny gold ones. It would be cool if we could have the various colored deco coins back, even if you just made it something craftable using an ingot of the appropriate metal type to make a handful of coins. Call them Decorative Coins or something to avoid any confusion with the actual COTOs.

2. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

Maybe instead of COTOs, they could come back as craftable coins. Perhaps with a maker's mark and optional allow them to be renamed once by the maker. This would allow in game "challenge" coins for player events, guild, etc as well as for deco.

3. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

I always wondered what if we were able to mind coins (being COTOs or anything else) from ingots. Would it break the game economy?

4. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

I think it would probably remove the need to buy COTOs from the store. I assume that's a big chunk of the games revenue, so probably wouldn't work if we could create COTOs from materials in any way.

Time Lord and Anpu like this.
  5. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

They need to have a purple one, just because color.

Time Lord and that_shawn_guy like this.
  6. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Perhaps a smelting recipe of 1 COTO and 1 metal ingot = the different metal type COTO’s. These would then be a decoration item.

FrostII and Eveara like this.
  7. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Interesting. By buying with a COTO, crafting color, and staying within existing deco limits, why not? Little tiny increments of purchases add up to a good profit IMO. Hoping if this is recognized and implemented the final offering will not be 100 or more COTO per coin or 250 or some other insulting amount. Too much greed when pricing such offerings will sink the whole concept.

Adam Crow likes this.
  8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I would love to be able to craft different colored crowns for decoration but I think they should only be able to be used as decoration once converted.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2022
    FrostII and Anpu like this.
  9. CrandalltheFoole

CrandalltheFoole Avatar

10. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

:rolleyes:

11. Eveara

Eveara Avatar

I very much like this idea.

CrandalltheFoole, kaeshiva and Anpu like this.
  12. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Sorry, quoted the wrong post.
    :oops:

Aldo likes this.
  13. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Yeah for sure, this is a no-brainer. They obviously already exist, so this probably wouldn't take much effort to re-implement. Bring them back for deco!

14. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

If they are just decorative coins, I don't see a reason to need an "actual coto" in the recipe - I'm worried that this potentially can cause confusion around the value / redeemability of these items. I'm just asking for fluff deco coins with no actual coto value based on coin assets we know previously existed. Realistically, we probably need a "coin mold" and some metal, and a single ingot realistically should make more than 1 coin.

But, you know what? I'm not fussy. If I had to pay 1 coto per decorative coin I'd be okay with that too. Just as was said above, getting too greedy with it will sink the whole concept - there's so many things in the store I would jump all over and buy 50 of if they were priced more reasonably (like mannequins etc).

Adam Crow, Aldo, Anpu and 1 other person like this.
  15. Vaentorian

Vaentorian Localization Team

Many years back wasn't there talk of players being able to mint their own custom currencies, like barter tokens which might only be accepted in certain POTs/PRTs? Did anything happen with that or was it one of the sky-pie ideas that got shelved early on? It was linked to the idea of regional economies which by now has died a death.

Pifester and Adam Crow like this.
  16. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings all
    How about this idea. Have the different colored COTOs severely weathered and scratched and dented and sell them (or use in loot table) as Deco items. Sort of like Spanish doubloons.
    [​IMG]

17. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

If I recall, they were all just the different metal material types - iron, copper, meteoric, bronze, gold, silver, etc. So makes sense that we could melt down an ingot into some decorative coins for deco purposes.

I would just make sure the word decorative is in the item name, so there is no confusion at all about it being an actual currency.

Anpu likes this.
  18. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

That's a fun idea, I like it. It would be cool if you could purchase a coin minting machine from an NPC merchant for a decent amount of gold - 50k or so. (Or purchase it from coto store) That allowed you to rename the coins similar to how a printing press works for books. Reason for it would be so you could choose the specific name for the coin - the coin minting machine would be forever locked to that coin name and no other player would be able to replicate those coins. Only that particular machine could create those coins, so that they could essentially be used as custom currency or tokens for guilds or organizations to use.

That might be too confusing and probably too much work for something of this nature, but idea popped into my head so thought I would share.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2022
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.