Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Brittany Alleys Town Center

Discussion in 'Release 40 Feedback Forum' started by Vladamir Begemot, Apr 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

No real "maps" kind of place under the General and Features forum, so here's where it goes for the moment.

Brittany Alleys center of town has no distinguishing features between the different entrances.

You know, the central fountain area. It would be nice to have something besides stalls distinguish the different paths, as it's really easy to not know which road you're looking down.

Maybe throw in some color, put some banners on the Blacksmith or something.

Maybe remove the hanging flags from 3 of the entrances, and leave them over the fourth. Something to immediately jump out in the eye as "ah, this is where I want to be going" or "oops, wrong road."

uhop and thoregundi like this.
  2. Tamsen

Tamsen Avatar

I think of the central area as the hub of a wheel with spokes leading out. Once I memorized which stall to look for, it was easy to find which "spoke" would lead me to my favorite spots.

For example, if I run toward the blue stall with the fruit and veg, it takes me straight to my favorite crafting center. If I run toward the (green?) baker's stall with all the loaves of bread, it would point me toward the main town gate.

When I run into town, I run straight until I can't go any farther, then turn left. I look for the guard standing in the middle of the street, and I know that's where I need to bear right to get to the center fountain.

That's not what you're asking for, but it's a method of memorizing your favorite routes and recognizing landmarks.

3. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

@Tamsen that's exactly what I'm talking about, just up the visual distinction a bit. Make it a bit more than obvious.

I'm pretty set already, and yet u still wind up going out the wrong way occasionally (after hundreds of trips.) So for the sake of the noob and visual pleasure, some distinguishing markers please.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.