Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Bronze Weapon Heads for Bludgeon now giving incorrect stats (take 3)

Discussion in 'Release 40 Bug Forum' started by Chrystoph Reis, Apr 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

1. Title: Bronze Weapon Heads for Bludgeon again giving incorrect stats
    2. Reproduction Rate: 100%
    3. Blocker? No
    4. Details: Weapons are giving 13% crit which is minimal from Copper... and waste of Tin.
    5. Steps to Reproduce: Craft Bronze weapon head with Rock Maple handle
    Why does this bug keep coming back?
    [​IMG]

2. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

@Chrystoph Reis - Thank you for reporting. I'm not sure if this is a bug or is intended, but there are certainly some inconsistencies between 2H crafted weapons when using Bronze so I'm going to record it for review...

All copper versions of these give +10% Weapon Crit Damage (for the head only... handle stats vary based on materials).

Great Axe, Halberd, and 2H Swords made with bronze heads give: 6% Weapon Crit Chance + 7% Weapon Crit Damage
    Heavy War Hammer and 2H Mace made with bronze heads give: 13% Weapon Crit Chance

All of these components use 6 ingots each except 2H Sword which uses 5 ingots. This leads me to believe that the stats are NOT derived from the base material used, but they are derived from the components themselves... so these all need to be reviewed and all set to the same stat. The question is, which stat set is the intended one?

3. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

To follow up on this, I just made 1 of each copper weapon (1H and 2H) and 1 of each bronze weapon (1H and 2H) to compare and look for any other inconsistencies.

All of the copper 1H weapons give 5% crit chance for the blade/head. All of the bronze 1H weapons give 3% crit chance and 4% crit damage so none of these appear to be bugged.

Also, since the bronze versions all give a mixture of crit chance and crit damage... I can only assume that all the 2H varieties should also follow this pattern.

Therefore, the Heavy War Hammer and 2H Mace stats should be corrected from the 13% crit chance to the 6% crit chance and 7% crit damage. This will bring them all in line with the pattern of the 1H weapons and everything will be consistent.

It also means that @Chrystoph Reis was correct and this is a bug! :)

4. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

When I usually make bronze heads I get 6% Weapon Crit Chance + 7% Weapon Crit Damage. This is what I believe to be correct and the stat I'm looking for. A few months ago this had changed, and gave 6 and 7 Crit Chance. Which is what I have again, I reported it, it got fixed, and then happened again, about 4 patches later. I responded to the original bug report, but it may or may not have gotten fixed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.