Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

bug - Missing potion effects in alchemy journal

Discussion in 'Release 39 Feedback Forum' started by Mishikal, Mar 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

I filed this in the bug forum initially, because I still think it's a serious bug in how the journal is designed. I was asked to post it here instead, however. So here it is.

The crafting journal lacks any information at all about what a given potion does. I.e., if I open my journal, and move the mouse cursor over the potion icon for a given potion recipe, nothing is shown. So unless you've memorized what every potion does, or can find it on a crafting website (and not all are listed), you've no idea what a potion you've *learned* actually does until you craft one. Please fix the journal to contain such information. It would probably be useful for other items as well, such as bowstrings etc so you can know what the bonuses are w/o having to craft one etc.

2. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

Wait, so a "potion of haste" or "health potion" doesnt state what it does?

Neither does a "halberd" until you craft one, but I can take a really great guess at what a halberd does anwyay.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  3. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

What does "Cat's Grace" do? "Wolf's whatever" etc.
    And even with "health potion" there are multiple types of health potions. Is it heal over time? Is it a one shot heal of low amount? Is it a one shot heal of a high amount? etc.

4. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

I dont disagree that more metadata could be useful in the recipe book, nor that the recipe book is in need of a makeover/overhaul.

Cat's Grace... gonna guess that its a bonus to safe fall or other subterfuge skills ;)

5. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Yeah, it increases your safe fall modifier. The wolf one increases your movement speed. But until I crafted them, it was impossible to know, which seems really ridiculous to me. :p

6. uhop

uhop Avatar

Good for you. I can't. I know what a halberd is historically, but what it is in SotA --- no idea. It looks like a stuff with an axe on it. So, I guess, it should be something suitable for wizards, if crafted right. An axe at the end has a blade, so I guess it can be used as a two-handed bladed weapon. And it can be used as a poor man's lance (too heavy for a useful lance). IIRC, we do not have a lance in SotA at all.

I don't think there is a definitive source for that information anywhere (except of inspecting an actual SotA object). I think, if I google, I can find somebody talking about it in details. Sotawiki used to lists recipes, and stuff, but I guess it is obsolete now.

From Adventure Skills menu I know that there are bludgeon and polearms, but what are they exactly --- I could only guess. Recipes do not say anything about possible weapons I can do: no basic stats, nor even their class.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
    Nhili Dragon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.