Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Bug]Nothing available to loot when looting multiple mobs

Discussion in 'Release 36 Bug Forum' started by Mishikal, Nov 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

First started noticing this in R35, but it has continued into R36
    Since I switched to using "E" to loot mobs, I've noticed the following problem when looting in quick succession. Trying to get a screenshot, but it doesn't occur every time, but it happens often enough.

A) Kill two+ mobs so they are very close to each other.

B) Use the "E" key to loot in quick succession

Sometimes in step B), on the second+ mob, the loot window will show up empty. Usually, it occurs while I'm hitting "E" a second time to quickly loot what it has, so I miss the opportunity to screenshot it. Since there is ZERO log of what you did or didn't loot off of a mob (This *really* needs to be an option we can dump out to a chat window), I don't know if I really looted nothing, or if it was simply a delay while drawing the loot frame, and I actually ended up with something from the mob in question.

2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

I think what you're observing here is the attempt to loot an already-looted body before it despawns, which would display an empty UI.

3. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Incorrect. :) Or, the body I wanted to loot is disappearing without being looted. Which would also be a bug. I.e., I'm only looting 2 times for 2 bodies. First time there are goodies, second time there is not. And in any case, I wait for the first body to dissolve before looting the second one, so I don't really think that's the case either.

Again, the ability to *log* what we looted, which is standard on all other MMO's I've played would be useful.

monkeysmack likes this.
  4. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

In fact today, it happened to me twice now when just looting solo mobs.

5. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

@Attenwood Just happened to me for the 3rd time today on a solo mob. I *did* hear the "jingle" of coins when I looted, so I think I'm actually getting loot. But again, because this game fails to allow you to log out your loots, I cannot easily confirm this.

6. monkeysmack

monkeysmack Avatar

You are looting so fast that the loot is taken by the time the UI pops up the loot window. At least that what I assumed was happening when I observed this.
    YES!! WE NEED LOOT LOGGING as a misc message.

Mishikal likes this.
  7. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

@Attenwood this is exactly what it is. If you double tap E with the right interval, you end up looting before the loot screen can draw with the items in it, so it comes up blank.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.