Bug noticed when attempting to copy/paste when composing a forum post

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AilsaN, Jan 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AilsaN

AilsaN Avatar

I didn't see a place to report bugs regarding the forum so I placed it here.

I was composing a bug post and was attempting to rearrange the order in which certain sentences were placed. I first highlighted and copied the text I wanted to move. I then put the cursor at the top of the post to paste it (I right clicked to get the dropdown menu to choose "paste" which I later discovered would not work anyway) but changed my mind about where I would put it so I abandoned that attempt. I then typed a sentence at the beginning of the post, hit enter a couple of times and then attempted to paste the text I copied earlier. But no matter how many times I tried, every time I pasted, the sentence would go to the beginning of the post.

2. Umbrae

Umbrae Avatar

Rich editors on Web sites can be funky with stuff like this. I usually use the upper right hand button to switch to BB Code Editor which allows more precise copy and pasting.

I am not sure fixing the WYSIWYG editor is something they can do as these issues can vary browser to browser. Hopefully the BB Code Editor will help you. I actually use notepad with a pre-built BB Code template for bug reports and edit there. I then switch to the BB Code Editor and paste it in. It works pretty well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.