Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Bulk Crafting sometimes Locks Up

Discussion in 'Release 28 Bug Forum' started by Noric, Mar 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noric

Noric Avatar

3/31/2016 4:41 PM
    Title: Bulk Crafting sometimes Locks Up
    Reproduction Rate: ???
    Blocker? Yes
    Details: After starting crafting several items, my character sometimes loses the ability to leave the table while also not currently crafting anything. After closing the crafting table interface the character continues the crafting animations while not being able to move. Chat is still functional during this process
    Steps to Reproduce:
    1. Bulk craft
    2. ???
    2. ...
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz (4) System RAM: 8161
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti GPU RAM: 1993
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.396.Date.03.31.16
    Area: OwlsHead
    Loc: (43.5, 70.1, -13.0)

[​IMG]

Scraps MacMutt likes this.
  2. Dameron

Dameron Portalarian Emeritus

Are you still experiencing this issue at this time? I was unable to reproduce the issue.
    Do you remember what recipe you were crafting, or did it occur randomly when crafting?
    I am noticing extreme hitching(is this what you mean by lock up?) but not where it locks me to the station.

Scraps MacMutt likes this.
  3. Scraps MacMutt

Scraps MacMutt Avatar

I can confirm this bug. I just got stuck while smelting 4 copper ingots. My ingot mold durability was getting low when it happened but I'm not sure if that had anything to do with it. I tried the /stuck command but it said I could not use this command while crafting. My character is currently stuck at the smelting station, constantly cycling through the smelting animation, but there is no crafting window open and I can't do anything, move, etc.

Noric likes this.
  4. Noric

Noric Avatar

Fully locked to station but able to chat and open menu with esc.
    I too was smelting. It was either iron or meteoric iron ingots. However, it did not consistently occur. I am not sure whether this matters but i was also minimizing a decent bit and checking forums.

I have not smelted since that time, and it occured 2 times in a smelting session then.

5. Noric

Noric Avatar

I've had this occur again with smelting.

6. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

Just had this occur with smelting. Got it to happen because my supply of gold ore turned and remained red. When replacing my ingot mold with a fresh one, I tried to smelt another 20 pack of gold and got a failure and lost the ability to smelt until I closed the window via X. Could not access the menu via esc.

For me, ore turning red happens when I have a chance at failure. So in the above post, I'd guess more meteoric iron instead of regular. to reproduce the issue. I believe the red ore occurs when the ingot mold would effectively hit a durability of -1.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.