Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Bunker T will not complete

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by MucsFoDuts, Oct 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MucsFoDuts

MucsFoDuts Avatar

I went into bunker T for a second time. However I entered on another players entry. Now I cannot open the chest at the end to complete the quest. It just stays in my list

2. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Hi, @MucsFoDuts , I have some questions regarding your issue.

1. Did you ever get the quest item from the chest before? If you did, especially if you still have it, you can only get it once.

2. If another looted the chest, you should still be able to get the quest item. Worst case scenario, you should be able to wait a couple of minutes for the chest to restock. Could you tell me if you waited around and the chest never restocked to allow you to get the quest reward?

3. When you tried to open the chest, you should get a message from the game. Can you tell me the exact message the chest gave you?

3. MucsFoDuts

MucsFoDuts Avatar

I have gotten the quest item and given it to the book seller.
    No one else was with me to loot the chest.
    I get no message when I attempt to open the chest.

4. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the extra info!

Because you had already collected the quest item from the chest, you could not collect it a second time. The feedback message (or lack of one) was insufficient.

After I posted my previous questions, I had several intense conversations with one of the programmers about the messaging for chests with nothing, or with nothing but a quest item that you can't see. (You wouldn't think such conversations would be anything but tame, but we were both passionate about this topic with different perspectives! Anyway...) We made two good changes based on those conversations.

The first change is that chest now starts with more than just the quest item in it. If you're not eligible for that quest item, there will be other things for you to loot.

The second change is that the messaging for when you attempt to open a chest that is empty, or empty except for a quest item you're not eligible for (and therefore can't see), is changed to "You already have any item that would be in this container (Chest)." (Note that this change is for every chest, not just the chest in this dungeon.)

I think both changes will help avoid confusion, especially the changes to feedback text.

If you go back to the bunker and open that chest again, let me know how it works out!

Jaesun and Mac2 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.