Burning Design Questions

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Blake Blackstone, Oct 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blake Blackstone

Blake Blackstone Avatar

Trying to design our town and these are some questions that have come up repeatedly. Does anyone happen know the answers?

Also, please post your own questions so we can all benefit from issues that your town may have come across in dvelopment.

1) If a player purchases a home from the add-on store or pledge reward, can it be placed as many times as the owner wants? i.e if you have a LOTM account, can you place all the houses you own multiple times? I'm confused because the deed stayed in our inventory after being placed in R10.

2) Once all of the lots in the add-on store are purchased and pledge rewards stop, is that all of the housing for Episode 1 or will there be other ways to obtain a lot?

3) What is a rough estimate of tax on the varying lots sizes per week/month?

4) Can we choose where players port into the town from the overhead map? i.e. center square, feature, commercial district, etc.

5) Is there a limit on POT's?

High Baron O`Sullivan and Mata like this.
  2. stile

stile Avatar

1- think of it as land and sears house kits.

You own 1 piece of land (or using the LotM -2, 1 castle and 1 town). You own ALL the house building kits.

So you can build all those houses, if you have more land. Or sell, trade, give away.

2 - there will be some lots aviliable in game that can be earned. Outside of that i doubt new lots will be created except via player towns.

3 we have zero way to know. We dont know if 1 gold is a fortune or pocket change yet.

4- (i dont know but it may have been said).

3. Blake Blackstone

Blake Blackstone Avatar

1) So 1 house deed=1 house? I cant buy the add-on store deed and can place that house as many times as I want.
    Buy 10 lot deeds, find a place to put them, want 10 viking homes on those lots. Does that just cost me the lot deeds and cost of underlying land, or will I need 10 village viking house deeds?

2) Thanks, that was my thinking but it also brings up the question of how many POT's are they going to sell?

3) I was thinking in dollar terms. Is it going to be $10/month for a row lot, $20 for a village lot, etc., etc. It is probably way to early to answer this question.

4. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

1) Pretty sure you can only place it once.
    2) Can obtain a house in game. Not sure if the add-on store houses will stop.
    3) No idea. Can't reasonably estimate this yet.
    4) Think you can only port in from one of the edges. Probably don't get to choose?
    5) I'd guess so, as the world is only so big but no way to figure that out (imo).

5. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

Another design question for the masses:

Is it possible to have a POT holdfast on the waterfront with mountains in the background? Or is that just wishful thinking?

6. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

1. How many plots one home can be built in simultaneously has yet to be seen since we have not tested multiple plot ownership yet. The dev team hasn't stated one way or the other on this topic. I have operated under the assumption that one house can only be used on one plot at one time.
      • Meaning if you buy one crafting pavilion and ten village deeds in the add-on store, you can only place that crafting pavilion on one of those village properties. But that is just speculation on my part.
    2. They [the dev team] have not publicly stated if there are limits on the number of POTs that will be sold. They have said that the only way to obtain a POT will be through the store.
    3. While this is pure speculation on my part, I wouldn't expect to see a RL currency amount tied to lot tax. I would expect to see an in-game currency amount tied to lot tax. The lot upkeep is meant to serve as a mechanism to allow active players the ability to own a home; to keep the community alive and active. While this doesn't guarantee that the community will be vibrant, I think it will be more likely the case than if they allow RL currency.

They [the dev team] have not publicly released information on templates styles yet. They have said that they will have a set of scenery templates you will be able to choose from and that they will work individually with POT owners to try to craft the POT how the owner wishes. So it may be possible.

Gaelis likes this.
  7. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Hmm... That appears to contradict the caveat noted at the bottom of the add-on store page for each Player Owned Town :

Koldar likes this.
  8. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

Interesting. I thought I saw a post from the team about that. I'll have to search. ;)

EDIT - I cannot see where the dev team posted otherwise. I must have mixed it up with Keep/Castle plots only being available by pledge. I stand corrected.

Jatvardur and Duke NRaas like this.
  9. Blake Blackstone

Blake Blackstone Avatar

I dont ever want to see RL currency in game, it would ruin the experience. But when you get down to it, they are planning on making RL money on the taxes from these lots. I guess its way to early to even speculate, but once this question is answered, you've set the foundation of a rental market(and tax free deed market). I imagine it being like eve, you can earn it or buy it for $$. Someone could play this game to its fullest without spending much money, but of course, no one is going to do that. :cool:Anyway, running off course, but its fun to think about.

The house deed question is pretty important though. Because, there would be value to owning that house type and you could stamp out a nice city if you had them all. My personal opinion is that if you have the lot deed($165+tax), don't fret over the house. It would create a whole new market of "realtors" and "house decorators". Two new quests!!! "Become the most famous interior designer"!

Net likes this.
  10. stile

stile Avatar

1 - youd have to buy 10 viking homes. Or if your a high level pledge you could use, as examples, one knight founder, one knight benefactor, one knight water, one citizen founder, etc... But yes, you get one of each when buying it -Pledge or store.

2 - unknown

3 - yeah, to early

11. Blake Blackstone

Blake Blackstone Avatar

Is there anything from Port on this? I have a hard time hunting stuff down on the forums.

Thanks in advance for any help on that.

12. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

I'm pretty sure it's in the deep dive on housing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.