Burrow skill ideas from other games.

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by caravelle1, Dec 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. caravelle1

caravelle1 Avatar

Hey all, this is my first post. I've been following this game since it was announced and it's great to see it come into reality.

What first hit me about this game is that it seems like a cross between the two games that were the most defining I've ever played - Ultima Online, and Dark age of Camelot.

I'm having a lot of fun playing but what worries me is the fact that many skills in the skill trees seem very similar. I know it's alpha, but even the fact that almost every skill tree caps out with a pet worries me. They all seem to follow the same path.

Some classes to draw from
    Daoc Thurgist - summons expendable pets that have a short duration life span - different classes of pet.

Daoc animist - summons uncontrollable ground turrets (this could pair well with chaos) what if your ground turret attacked whatever was ear it, including you. You could make interesting use of positioning to summon these things and have them attack the targets you wanted.

Bard type classes - Chant's group buffs - charms - cc

Some things to enhance in current lines
    Heal - make this more robust - including all sorts of buffs - similar to what a cleric would have in Everquest.
    Interesting heal mechanics - Ablative shield, group heal not centered around caster, healing wards -- Drawing from DOTA - invulnerability for a short duration, all damage/heal is applied at the end, percent based heal, temporary invulnerability versus melee/magic while enhancing damage from the counterpart.

Death - Diablo 2 style necromancer, very pet based, undead charms

Water/Moon - include charms here!

Drawing from other games doesn't make you bad. The truth is mmo's have been around for long enough that we can draw upon what worked and what were awesome classes from other games.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.