Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[By Design] A bug in the destiny-quest at the beginning?

Discussion in 'Release 36 Bug Forum' started by Feivel, Nov 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feivel

Feivel Avatar

You can not choose to pick both magery and sword?

I get the question sword or bow. I pick sword. Then bow or magery, I ve picked magery. And then a loop occurs and I get asked again if sword or bow. Picking sword, next question is bow or magery again.

Has to be a bug?

Edit: I ve seen that you can go whenever.. is the Oracle even useful? This is totally misleading.

First you need to talk to the oracle in order for the portal to appear. Then you talk to it and feel you have to give correct answers and in the end it's not clearly decided since there is no dialogue that leads to a conclusion? It just loops. It even loops if you pick bow.

2. Selene

Selene Avatar

Selecting a path just sets your initial skills, you are free to train new skills in any combination once you are through the tutorial scenes. If you select "bow" you will get the most complete quest experience because the other two paths are still heavily in development. A great place to ask questions about the game is in the new player forum. https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?forums/new-player-welcome.611/

3. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

The oracle first asks you questions to indicate your Path. The path of Love starts you as a Ranger. The Path of Courage starts you as a Fighter. The Path of Truth starts you as a Mage. You can't pick both. What you're selecting is changing your desired outcome. So if you pick mage, it's then saying "Okay, sounds good. BUT if you want to be a Fighter or a Ranger instead, you can say either".

Working as intended. Not a bug. Thanks for reporting!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.