Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[By design] Arrow Weight

Discussion in 'Release 43 Bug Forum' started by Juvir, Jul 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juvir

Juvir Avatar

1. Title: Arrow Weight reduced by 1/10
    2. Reproduction Rate: 100%
    3. Blocker?no
    4. Details:Arrow weight in R42: 0.1 per arrow. Arrow weight in R43: 0.01
    5. Steps to Reproduce:Look at weight of arrows
    6. User Specs:[​IMG]

2. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

How is this a bug? Looks more like an attempt at doing some balance to me.

3. Juvir

Juvir Avatar

Dollar for dollar, the archer build is the best way to farm solo, bar none. And that's fine, you guys had a balance there with the fact you had no AOE, and you had to resupply your arrows on a regular basis. Now part of that balance is broken with the arrow weight, and since it's not noted in the patch notes, it's obviously a bug.

4. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

I'd note spell reagents have had the same weight reduction. Appears it was purposeful.

Gatsu. likes this.
  5. Juvir

Juvir Avatar

Spell reagents are much more expensive than arrows as well

6. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

yep.. arrows with no weight and not cost? maybe time to increase prices of harrows.

7. Juvir

Juvir Avatar

The 0 value on the arrows in my inventory is because they are looted arrows from skeletal archers, and they're (frustratingly) not sellable. But they are still dirt cheap in comparison to spell regs

8. Juvir

Juvir Avatar

I hope this doesn't get ignored.. this is a balance problem

9. Juvir

Juvir Avatar

Is this seriously considered in balance now? After the response on the telethon i'm shocked. "Not sustainable" arrow amounts? One of the reasons Archery was considered balanced was BECAUSE they had to go resupply on a regular basis, so what is going to change to counter the fact that they have 10x the number of arrow capacity now?

10. Gamician

Gamician Avatar

@Juvir, Your reporting of this issue is appreciated. It has been added to the Bug Reporting System for Development Team review. Do to the high interest in this issue, I requested clarification.

11. Juvir

Juvir Avatar

Thank you for that. While I can certainly see some arguments about weight at lower levels, there are ways to fix carryable weight of low level players without effecting balance in the end game, such as increasing base carry weight and scaling less as you go up in level. Arrows currently are much cheaper than spell regs, and lowering the weight of both to 0.01 per has thrown balance all out of whack.

12. Animosh

Animosh Avatar

Wait this was asked and answewred in the telethon. The weight is by design. Chris got tired of not being able to carry enough arrows so he reduced the weight.

Lexie and Mishikal like this.
  13. Animosh

Animosh Avatar

Can I ask who you are on the delvelopment team? Your name does not show up as red here like the other Devs

14. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

His profile clearly indicates he's a member of the Bug Brigade.

15. Animosh

Animosh Avatar

A title a player can get by playing on the QA server and submitting bugs right?

So is he here to take the bugs that we are submitting and then going to the QA server and submitting them to bolster his bug count? <----This is why i am asking if he is a DEV. If not this is BS and abuse of a Bug in its self

Also all bugs submitted get a ticket number for tracking--- where is that?? I imagine it will show up when the devs give him one then he will come back and give one for this.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
  16. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

you need to take this up with the Devs, not publically in these forums . . . .

He and MANY others took their time and submitted their names to be part of the Bug Brigade. They give up time sorting thru bugs and compiling them and categorizing them and pushing them tru to Devs. They get nothing from this but a title to their name.

They give up ALOT of time since so many player cannot take the time themselves to actually read forums or make viable bug reports and report NONSENSE,

Like this is NOT a bug - but since some player do not like it they call it one.

The Bug Brigade took and and pushed it forward (EVEN THOUGHT NOT A BUG) since so many players are "concerned"

If you want to give up time and effort to actually HELP the dev team contact them, ask to be a helper, but do NOT attack players who give up ALOT of time and effort to actually support the developers.

Juvir likes this.
  17. Animosh

Animosh Avatar

So its alright for me to give up my time find bugs and submit them. Then have some tool come along copy my report push it forward to the dev team and get rewarded for it?

Also now the Devs are on a hook. If the things he is "forwarding" to the devs does not get fixed everyone he did this to gets pissed at the Devs not him

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
  18. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

You are confusing the testing incentives rewards program with the Bug Brigade. Those are two separate things.

The testing incentives program allows any player to report issues on the forums. Backers who have dev+ access have the ability to test and report issues from the QA server in addition to the live beta server. As bugs they've reported are verified, they get credit, and earn rewards.

The Bug Brigade is a group of volunteers who help the Dev team track issues reported by the various players. They do not get rewards for their work. But they serve an important function in helping to ensure these issues do not get lost and that important discussions are brought to the attention of the Dev team.

Lexie and Juvir like this.
  19. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Simmah down now, folks. Don't make me take off my shoes!

Chris did indeed say in the telethon that this was intended. Here is my take on it: in the lower adventure level range arrow weight isn't too much of an issue, but once you get high level and start using things like mutli shot things can take a drastic turn for the worse. That is something you don't see with other magic reagents, in most cases. Frequently you can lower the chance a reagent will be consumed upon use (via crafting stats and skill ups). That is my guess as to why he thought it was fair.

20. Juvir

Juvir Avatar

Does higher levels of ammo scavenger not account for lowered arrow usage? This is a way to lower the amount used as well. I'm not quite sure I follow the "there's no way to lower usage" argument, especially when we're talking about increasing the carry capacity by the multitude it was, with the cost of arrows being so much lower than magic reagents, and the damage of archery being so much higher.

Also, would using shots like multi and rapid shot less frequently not also account for less ammo usage, as mages have been told would help reg usage if they would use lower tier spells more, and higher tier less?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.