Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[By design] Flagging PVP by attacking someone else

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by Draugur2, Mar 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Draugur2

Draugur2 Avatar

Not filling out the whole sheet. You guys will know what I'm talking about. Was just killed by a player because they attacked me to get the PVP flag. You need to put some information out there about how pvp works NOW and not these changes you keep talking about. People should NOT be able to flag PVP by attacking someone else.

Dhanas likes this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Draugur2, while i'm not a fan of that mechanic myself, it IS clearly described in the published instructions linked at the top of every release notes post.

Rentier likes this.
  3. Draugur2

Draugur2 Avatar

I see that now. I'll just go back to playing my main until it gets fixed. I was really enjoying running in pvp, but being able to get ganked by anyone that isn't flagged PVP is not worth the extra 10% exp. Pvper's complain why there are not more people flagged, well that's a damn good one right there.

4. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

I agree with you, it's pretty annoying and give a big advantage to grifiers.
    Developers are aware of that and from what they said there is a plan to remove this from the game (i hope soon as possible).

5. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Oh, I get it. And I also agree. Those that are not flagged get the first swing...it's a legal albeit dirty move. I right click and add a note to folks who do this and I recommend that you do the same. (It's just a mental note/reminder for myself but hey, it's something.)
    This has been discussed before; while it is by design *currently* (it has also always been this way for as long as I've known about pvp) do not be surprised if this changes one day. It's on the agenda for a future release.
    The goal, from my understanding, is to eventually make it so you can only flag through the oracle.
    @Draugur2

Rentier and Draugur2 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.