Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[By Design] Kobold Selectable Homes (left / right alcoves) cannot tell difference to chose

Discussion in 'Release 36 Bug Forum' started by Weins201, Nov 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

I Picked one of the homes from the list (2 Story) it is either left or right but now I have one selected and can not see which one I have selected or which is different on the list so I can not be sure I pick one of each.

This is for all of them 2 - 4 story, I do not want two of the same.

[​IMG]

11/19/2016 8:25 PM
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6820HK CPU @ 2.70GHz (8) System RAM: 32636
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M GPU RAM: 8152
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.509.Date.11.18.16
    Area: POT_island_metropolis_01a_template/Grumpie Hermit's Hide-a-way
    Area Display Name: Grumpie Hermit's Hide-a-way
    Loc: (326.6, 120.0, -379.8)

2. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Ok wait when I go to place houses it goes left or right and I only have one chose and one still in "bag" to hose for a four story.

So I appears I do not have to select them from the bag it is just 4 story kobold and the selection is done when placing or am I confused as to why we have bag to select a style?

3. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Ok need to clarify it seems -

When these Kobold Houses where made into deeds it was done to select either Right or Left Alcoves. So now I have two of each size in my inventory 2 - 4th story but when you go and hit the bag they bring up a menu (as shown) that does not say which is which.

Once selected in inventory it still does not say which is which, so I could end up with two lefts when I really want to make sure I have one of each.

But now - it appears that the Alcove side is chosen at placement on the lot. The one deed I have selected which was the 4th story one still give me both left and right options. I have one selected and one still to be chosen. but when I go place I get both choices pop up soooo?

If it changed that the alcove is chosen on placement no issues.

But if the alcove is chosen when you pick from the drop down when you pick the bag then it needs to ID which is chosen.

If it is chosen at placement there is no need for the bag since a 4th story can go either direction - so I am confused and have not selected the second choice as I do not want two lefts (or rights)?

Hope that helps

4. Tazar

Tazar Avatar

Bug Entered. Thank you for reporting. :)

5. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

This is a nonissue, and an artifact of our old system. Either deed works now. They both essentially operate the same way. With that single deed, you will see a "Left" and "Right" option when making house selections. We have found a way to tie multiple home selections to a single deed. Since we had no way of destroying preexisting bags, and didn't want to destroy them and force players to reclaim, the alternative solution was to just update both items delivered by the bag to be the same thing.

In-short: Expected and by design. Either selection will work and will give you access to both Left and Right versions of the home.

Weins201 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.