Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[By Design]No Autoattack

Discussion in 'Release 38 Bug Forum' started by Lord Phoenix, Jan 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Phoenix

Lord Phoenix Avatar

1. Title:No Autoattack
    2. Reproduction Rate:Always
    3. Blocker? No, but it does make abilities like Ignite Weapon a pain to use
    4. Details: T does not toggle autoattack. No message pops up telling me autoattack is enabled/disabled, and no attacks occur. I've tried resetting keybinds and such to both norm and alt with no difference. Also can't find it in the controls list.
    5. Steps to Reproduce:I just logged in and T no longer toggles autoattack.
    6. User Specs: Windows 7 64-bit
    May be more appropriate for UI, but not sure.

2. Raven Swiftbow

Raven Swiftbow Bug Hunter

I am a stealth archer. When I am in stealth and have auto attack enabled, now it will autoattack *even if I am stealthed* - so I'm running along in stealth mode and suddenly I'm attacking something.

3. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

T to toggle auto-attack has been removed. There is a Game Option that will toggle between playstyle of Free Attack or Auto Attack now.

4. Feldon Grimshaw

Feldon Grimshaw Avatar

I also was missing the 'T' toggle. I just tried out the game option you mentioned. It does work, but it's not nearly so convenient. Sometimes i want to auto attack, and sometimes i don't. Now i have to plan ahead of time what the battle will probably be. If i'm doing magic, auto attacking with a wand is useless. If i'm swinging a sword around, auto attack is very helpful. Why was it moved to a buried menu option?

5. Gamician

Gamician Avatar

@Attenwood

The "T" toggle between Auto Attack and Free Attack was not the problem. As a Melee person, I like the way the system is in staying in Auto Attack all the time. However, that destroys an Archers use of Free Attack which is essential to their play style.

Using the checkmark box under settings would not be a suitable alternative, as would always being in Free Attack and having to use it to change to Auto Attack. Archers need to move between both quickly.

The problem before was that "Auto Attack" never stayed on when toggled. If you went out of Combat Mode, which you need to do to get life and mana back or many times you do it just to harvest or field dress, the Auto Attack for some reason was shut off. Then when you came back into Combat Mode and approached an attacking MOB, you were forced to hit "T" again.

So please if you add back the "T" key or something similar, please once I'm in Auto Attack I do not want to go out for any reason unless I choose to do so with a "T" Toggle.

Going out of Combat Mode with the "Z" key should not remove me from Auto Attack. That would be a 100% improvement.

Where an Archer would want to be when returning to Combat Mode, I do not know? My guess would be they would want to be in whatever "Attack Type" they were in prior to going out and in to Combat Mode.

Wintermute of CoF likes this.
  6. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

As a melee character I found the need to repeatedly turn on auto-attack by pressing T extremely tiresome, so I prefer it the way it is. However it occurs to me the better place to have the setting would be against the deck, then folk that want to switch dynamically between ranged and melee can do it without opening up game options.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.