Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[By design] No daily bonus 10000 XP

Discussion in 'Release 43 Bug Forum' started by Bink, Jun 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bink

Bink Avatar

Release 43 Instructions:
    • Daily Login Bonus: Once a day, players now get 10,000 experience points added to their pooled EXP in both adventuring and production.
    I have not received the daily bonus. Yesterday after patching i have received the 10000 XP,
    but today not.

Edit: I have tested the Oracle and here the daily bonus works fine.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
    Time Lord likes this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

it's been less than 24 hours since release. what time did you get your bonus ysterday?

Time Lord likes this.
  3. Bink

Bink Avatar

After the 3rd or 4, log in, I have received it.
    Is it a 24 hour timer and not like the oracle?

Time Lord likes this.
  4. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

It's a 24 hour timer - but so is the oracle!

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Bink

Bink Avatar

No and yes.
    The Oracle resets every day midnight new britannia time (Texas CST).
    Thats not a 24 hour timer beginning from an action (log in).
    But the new XP bonus seems to be an action timer with 24 hours.

Now we have two different time (come back tomorrow) counters.
    I think all daily counters should start at the same time (midnight new britannia time).

Gatsu., Time Lord and discipleofweb like this.
  6. Culann

Culann Avatar

Yesterday, one of my avatars got a 20,000 exp bonus...was surprised because, as noted above, it's only supposed to be 10k. Ya think this was a 'one off' or is there a chance it may randomly happen again?

Time Lord likes this.
  7. Hit Girl

Hit Girl Avatar

This account gets no bonus, never :( Maybe she is doing something wrong?
    This is my GF's account. She speaks little English and I am teaching her the game. But thus far I have seen no bonus. So, until this issue is resolved, I'm torturing you with small sizes text :confused::p:D

Lexie and Time Lord like this.
  8. Hit Girl

Hit Girl Avatar

The text size will now return to normal after receiving the fist 10,000 experience points installment :D Thx Portalarium!
    (she says, "thank you, thank you ^^)

Lexie and Time Lord like this.
  9. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

You folks crack me up :D

Time Lord likes this.
  10. GreyMouser Skye

GreyMouser Skye Avatar

Yet both my accounts have not gotten the 10k bonus for 2 days now. Very strange. <--normal text

11. shathiell

shathiell Avatar

Just to add, my account received the bonus for 2 days in a row and logging in today no bonus. It appears to be inconsistent?

EDIT: Logging in now it appears to have shown up. Does the time each day change? It is worth noting that the oracle worked earlier.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
  12. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Hmm, I have 3 accounts. I have been logging in each one daily to get the 10k xp bonus and to get the Oracle 500k xp bonus as well.

When I log in each one at a time, I keep getting the "You've just received 10,000 bonus experience points." message in my chat box... however, I don't see the 10k xp getting added to my xp pools. Some times, I don't even get the message in the chat box until I log out and then back in again. But even when I do see the chat message, I see no pool xp being added for any of the 3 accounts.

The Oracle test bonus is being added just fine, immediately after seeing the chat message for it.

13. Dragonholt

Dragonholt Avatar

Regarding the timing issue, maybe they should use "day of the year" number instead of a 24 hour timer. The 24 hr timer method will have the problem if one logins later the next day, it then counts from there; and so if you login the next day a bit earlier, you won't see the bonus. Using "day of the year" number ( 1 - 365 ), you could login at an earlier time and get the bonus, since it will keep track of the day you are in and not if it has been 24 hr since last login...
    I think most systems have a function to get "day of the year".

14. gardunbattlehammer

gardunbattlehammer Avatar

While I realize that the 10K bonus daily XP is in a way meant to reward consistent playing and not intended as a farming mechanism for passive accounts, it does raise the issue of not being able to log in at the same time every day. During a weekend, I might log in later in the night than usual which then resets the timer to that time. Having to break of gaming earlier on a weeknight means I might not get the XP for that day while the timer keeps counting.

For veterans with a pool of hundreds of thousands of XP this will not be a huge problem but as a new player as of R44, the 10k extra per day means a lot for initial character development.

I second the opinion that the bonus XP counter should be on the same schedule as the oracle, resetting at midnight.

Elder Scrolls Online had a similar 1/24 hours mechanic with Crafting Henchmen (would give you extra resources once per day) and the same problem was there as well. If you could not log in at the exact same time each day, you would consistently loose the odd deposit when you happened to log on unusually late and that was a huge annoyance over time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.