Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[By design] Player owned vendor sales not appearing in the log

Discussion in 'Release 45 Bug Forum' started by Titania Xylia, Aug 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titania Xylia

Titania Xylia Avatar

Player owned vendor sales that happened while you were offline used to appear at the beginning of a new session.

I had 33 items in my mailbox and none of it was noted in the log. It would be preferred if that behavior was added back to the log otherwise it's kind of useless.

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Titania Xylia
    Are you referring to the old system, before mailing was introduced a couple releases ago? Now you should see the mail notifications. The log system, if I understand you correctly, was intentionally replaced. Unless there is something else I may not be thinking of? You are not reporting any new behavior that changed with this release?

If you are suggesting we re-add an old feature (which was a good one, by the way) please post on the feedback forums. I cannot stress enough how much gets changed and implemented that was not bug-related but simply a good enhancement suggestion. Otherwise, it gets lost in the bug section.

Please let me know if I have misunderstood your issue. Thank you.

3. Titania Xylia

Titania Xylia Avatar

The old behavior was supposed to be added back in this release, so it would be a bug, correct?

4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Lexie
    are you only looking in the chat box, or the actual log text files? is it in chat the same way /stats is in chat, as in you have to look at the files directly? (stinging tree riot supply doesn't get much traffic, can't test myself)

5. Lexie

Oh yes! Doh!
    So while it was reinstated, I confirmed that it won't send you msgs for stuff sold when you were offline, like it used to back when. So 'reinstated' but not quite the same old mechanics I'm afraid.
    I'm sorry for the confusion! Can I use the excuse that it was a long day?
    @Titania Xylia

6. Titania Xylia

Titania Xylia Avatar

Of course!

The log entries are crap now anyway. I want to request the old format be instated with examples. Where should I do that?

K1000 likes this.
  7. Lexie

@Titania Xylia
    I'd start up a feedback suggestion thread for it. Lots don't get comments from devs to avoid distracting from the subject at hand, but I know firsthand that feedback plays a HUGE role in development behind the scenes. While they don't get bug #s, they are observed by the team. It is a very good request BTW.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.