Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[By design] Prosperity Morter and Pedestal Not Affecting Enchanting.

Discussion in 'Crafting, Harvesting, Salvage, & Agriculture' started by Cryodacry, Dec 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cryodacry

Cryodacry Avatar

1. Title: Prosperity Morter and Pedestal Not Affecting Enchanting.
    2. Reproduction Rate: 100%
    3. Blocker? No
    4. Details: See Below
    5. Steps to Reproduce: Enchant using the Prosperity tools
    6. User Specs: N/A

The Prosperity Morter and Pedestal are not affecting the success rate of Enchanting. Per the tool it states that it increases the success rate by 3%. If this is by design then the tool needs some serious re balancing for being a prosperity tool.

2. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

I believe you are referring to the Mortar and Pestle of Prosperity? If so, then you need to read the tooltip description a little more carefully.

It gives:
    +10% Alchemy Production Time Bonus
    +3% Alchemy Success Chance (This is for crafting alchemy recipes such as potions, scrolls, gems, jewels, and misc items like moondials and such.)

It does NOT give any Enchanting Success Chance at all. Enchanting success chance relies solely on your Enchanting skill. I believe the only option to improve your Enchanting success chances (at the moment) is by artifact(s) ? I haven't seen any yet, but I know there are rings for masterworking blacksmithing, carpentry, and tailoring... so there might be one for enchanting too.

But again, please don't confuse an alchemy success chance with an enchanting success chance as they are 2 separate things.

Lexie likes this.
  3. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Daxxe Diggler You may be thinking of the one for Alchemy Proficiency +5 (Ring of Chrysopoeia) but there other crafting trade rings and bands, like the ones you mentioned.
    @Cryodacry I'm tagging you in case you didn't see Daxxe's response. Prosperity tools are amazing (my opinion) and I keep a full set, but it is a trade off to have a tool that cannot ever break....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.