Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[By design] The repeating Oracle quest doesn't trigger

Discussion in 'Release 42 Bug Forum' started by Neiro, Jun 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neiro

Neiro Avatar

6/9/2017 5:04 PM
    Title: The repeating Oracle quest doesn't trigger
    Reproduction Rate: 100% so far
    Blocker?
    Details: The repeating Oracle quest doesn't trigger doesn't trigger on town crier visit if you've got a mail quest for that particular crier. You must exit conversation and talk to him again for it to trigger
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHz (4) System RAM: 16347
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8110
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.614.Date.05.30.17
    Area: Novia_R3_City_Brittany_Wharfs
    Area Display Name: Brittany Wharfs
    Loc: (38.9, 43.0, 158.0)

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Neiro are you talking about the 500 gold daily Oracle quest? Are you not seeing 'test' as a keyword anywhere in the dialogue IF you have a quest from the mail crier of that particular scene?
    I just want to make sure I understand what you mean by 'trigger'. The Oracle doesn't prompt you even if you mention it first?

3. Neiro

Neiro Avatar

I'm talking about the 100 gold first visit bonus that I believe is explained by the oracle wanting you to do or know something or other.

For instance, I do a short 'mail quest' and receive 75G from whichever crier I happen to end up at. If I've never been there before, I'm supposed to also get 100G for the first visit bonus. This does not occur until the next time I start a dialog with the crier in question.

4. Lexie

Okay, I understand now. If you go to a town crier that you haven't been to before and you are turning in a mail quest you don't get both the rewards at the same time. You have to start a new dialogue to get both.
    This may be super tricky to handle on the system level. I'm not sure what we can do, but I've reported it. Bug #: 46981.

5. Lexie

Yes, there are two triggers. There is no way to combine them together, as we have confirmed.
    This falls under 'unable to modify the current design.' But I appreciate you letting us know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.