Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Camera focus while crafting

Discussion in 'Release 36 Dev+ Feedback Forum' started by Gravidy, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gravidy

Gravidy Avatar

I'm adding the bug output here, as I suspect this is actually a bug, however...

In the "Crafting Center" in Beran's Reach the tailoring and tanning crafting stations do not properly zoom and lock the camera while being used. This has several consequences...

The crafting interface immediately diplays. On the other crafting stations, the avatar moves to a specific spot, the screen goes black, the screen reappears with a stylized view, then the interface appears.

The camera isn't locked (although the avatar is). The camera can still be freely moved, which is great if there are other people in the crafting center, as you can keep an eye on them, which is cool as it makes it a more communal experience.

Closing / leaving the crafting station is immediate. On the other crafting stations the screen fades to black, and then reappears without the stylized view.

I honestly think these two "bugged" stations are a much better experience than the default experience. It's much smoother, the UI changes are less jarring (in that there are no UI changes), and you don't have to be annoyed having to wait through the same pathfinding and animations every time you use a station.

I'm going to recommend you add an option to disable the crafting station animation (similar to the option to
    disable conversation close-ups). And I'm only being a little facetious here, as I know how much you all love your options right now ;).

11/12/2016 9:24 AM
    Steps to Reproduce:

Go to the location below, use either the tanning or the tailoring station.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz (4) System RAM: 16337
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8144
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.416.Date.11.10.16
    Area: POT_alpine_metropolis_01_template/Beran's Reach
    Area Display Name: Beran's Reach
    Loc: (-164.4, 36.6, 371.8)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.