Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Camera jumps around

Discussion in 'Release 29 Bug Forum' started by Wintermute of CoF, Apr 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

So if you're running along with the right mouse button held down and something causes the mouse pointer to re-appear then the camera snaps suddenly upright in a way which is both confusing and nauseating. The easiest way to trigger it is to open a window while running along. In this GIF I open the character panel twice, note how the camera snap and the mouse pointer appearance correlate:
    [​IMG]

In this second GIF there is no direct input from me when the mouse pointer reappears and the camera snaps up, I am however close to a wall, not sure if that's relevant:
    [​IMG]

However here there is definitely no structure behind the camera, the mouse pointer appears and the camera snaps up at the same moment:
    [​IMG]

Finally an example where I'm not running along. Interacting with the guard at Resolute, I double click on the guard to initiate a conversation then move the mouse pointer to the 'open' underlined text, just as I'm about to click the conversation zoom in starts and the mouse pointer jumps to the centre of the screen:
    [​IMG]

User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor (4) System RAM: 7982
    GPU: GeForce GTX 760/PCIe/SSE2 GPU RAM: 1024
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Linux.64.405.Date.04.28.16

Lord Barugon likes this.
  2. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Not sure if my issue is the same or different, but as I'm walking, the camera is clipping into the ceiling. Never used to do that before.

[​IMG]

3. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

It did that sort of thing a few times to me as well, the particular moment was when I attempted to talk to Arabella in Resolute, but an update got downloaded between that happening and me capturing the footage for the above so I've not got around to re-testing that yet. I also suspect that the nausea I experienced and others are reporting in the new combat mode is related to this somehow but I didn't have time to test that theory last night.

4. Dameron

Dameron Portalarian Emeritus

Something definitely appears to be going. Will have to test further to find all the edges cases.
    The videos will really help. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.