Can I Delete My Character?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ned888, Dec 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ned888

Ned888 Avatar

So... one character....

What happens when I want a new role playing challenge?
    What if, heaven forbid, I decide that I have created a gimped character?
    What if I have role played such a rude, crass and insulting individual that I can't go back and correct my mouthy mistakes? No one will play with me!
    What if I put together the ugliest dude the character generator can muster and I decide I want to start a romance?

It might only be my perspective or in my own imaginings, but it comes down to this: If I don't like my guy, then I might want to start over!

Can I do that? Can I delete my character and all his possessions and start from scratch again (keeping all my initial pledge items since they are account based)?

I'd really like to know! :D

2. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

I would argue that yes, you will be able to delete your character at any time and begin again from level 1 with a new character.

3. Duke Lorimus

Duke Lorimus Avatar

Interesting Point Ned888 , Very interesting As One Character is the only existence we have . If thats the case all of our Swag would be attached to that Character .... I would have to assume we Would have a Unique account that that Character is attached to and we would be able to Delete and start new with all our stuff....... but its a question that does need to be asked :)

Ned888 and BillRoy like this.
  4. Ned888

Ned888 Avatar

As clarification, I was interested in this because it seems that we will be very intertwined with the game world.

What effect will it have on others if we just up and delete our character and all our stuff? For instance; will the named items still bear the name of our old character or will those be deleted too?

I'm an admitted alt-o-holic and I have run into many situations where for some reason or other, I just want to delete my character and start over. I'm all crazy like that, but what is that going to do to everyone else?

Arkhan and BillRoy like this.
  5. Umbrae

Umbrae Avatar

Pretty sure, buried in all the KS videos, they said paid items would be usable by your account and just not limited to a character. Things like plots and housing would have to work like that. Otherwise its worse than not being able to change your eyebrows past character creation like LB likes to talk about.

I am pretty sure you will be able to delete your character and any new ones will still maintain any KS bonuses and add-on store items.

Isaiah likes this.
  6. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Or do it the UO way... Starting with samurai empire...

Soulstones to store skill points and character name rename.

Hahahahaha

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. coder1024

coder1024 Avatar

you can always create a second account and then have 2 chars. there's no restriction to 1 char per person, just 1 char per account. I suspect we'll see many people playing with multiple accounts.

8. smack

smack Avatar

I wouldn't be so sure about being able to delete your online character....they haven't confirmed that. Given the nature of the game, I would not be surprised if you can't. They may have facilities to respec / unlearn skills in case you "mess up". But everything we've heard Richard say about your online character being "you", well, it's not out of the realm of possibility that there is no such thing as deleting "you". For the pure offline game, sure. You never know!

Miracle Dragon, Ned888 and BillRoy like this.
  9. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

I'd have said of course you'll be able to delete, but after reading this I have to say hmmmmmm.

They did say they want you to be forced to live with your decisions.

It would be pretty twisted to go to that extreme, but...hmmmmm.

Or, the delete button is blocked until you solve the quest! Muahahahahahahahahahahaaaaa.

10. BillRoy

BillRoy Avatar

But since it's not going to be F2P (yet;)) that's basicaly $40.00 and you won't get all your stuff from being a founder/backer.
    There should be maybe a make-over option like a barber shop or some kind of thing to allow for physical changes at the least.

11. smack

smack Avatar

Can't you hear him laughing!!!

[​IMG]

12. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

Not being able to delete your character is almost like the opposite of permadeath. :D Interesting thought!

smack likes this.
  13. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

+1

No thank you!

14. coder1024

coder1024 Avatar

Multiple accounts are common regardless of F2P. And I'm sure you could send/trade whatever stuff you needed from one char to another.

BillRoy likes this.
  15. Mystic

Mystic Avatar

So long as there would be a way to change your look, I wouldn't have a problem with not being able to delete your character. It means you would have to be more responsible for how you name yourself and the way you act because it's how you will be known by everyone.

16. BillRoy

BillRoy Avatar

Me too.

Actually a good idea, so as to avoid "secret troll" alts.
    That is the only positive I see to the one toon thing, but on a game that seems be like it might be very centered around socialization it will probably be a good thing.;)

17. Ned888

Ned888 Avatar

That would be unfortunate wouldn't it? Picking a name terrible name.... That's another reason why I would have deleted a character! ;)

I wonder if there is any word on naming as of yet....

BillRoy likes this.
  18. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

What little I played of UO I remember deleting my character all the time. Especially when I turned red for doing whatever turned people red. I didn't really understand the death mechanics at the time. A lot of the game confused me actually. I felt like there was a big (completely unnecessary) learning curve and it was frustrating.

But I'm a firm advocate of one character per account, and I think making a no deletion policy would be a fantastic idea.

Miracle Dragon and smack like this.
  19. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I'd really like to know too. I hope the answer is that you have to live with the decisions you make in the game.

Miracle Dragon and smack like this.
  20. BillRoy

BillRoy Avatar

Me too..:D

*Unless I'm going to just be plain old BillRoy for ever...then the only friends I'll have are the people who like to joke around and have fun.
    Everyone else will black-list me from their serious/boring "Only my close personal like-minded stuck-up friends" list on the 'magicsliderpvpthingie (TM)' thing.:(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.