Can we get some directional lighting possibly spotlights

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Titania Xylia, Aug 12, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titania Xylia

Titania Xylia Avatar

I moved this from the bug report section. My bad!

I am designing a venue for a lot of different use cases and it made me want some new lighting features.

1. A form of stage lighting - from a wall pointed at the stage (statically positioned or adjustable)
    2. Ground level lights that aren't taller than a 0.3 meters that you can put on the ground and point at a wall.
    Light source (1) would allow you to focus light on the subjects on a stage for a band, play or costume contest. It would be great to have several colors of light and possibly allow us to mix gem fragments to come up with a custom color for lights. It's important to hit them from above and below, so they are properly highlighted and omni-directional sources really break the effect.

Light source (2) could be used on the stage platform or used light up the exterior of a structure like a house or NPC building. This allows you to put more intense lighting on a subject and make them glow. There is some opportunity to do this with a small candle or light and block out certain angles, but finding compact items that produce enough light and can be blocked well is tough at the moment.

Having the ability to light up a home like this: http://chilloutnow.info/wp-content/...s-outdoor-lighting-home-lighting-ideas-uk.jpg

- or -

http://chilloutnow.info/outside-hou...ible-on-either-boy-home-lighting-ideas-india/

Using sconces or ground light can open up how nice homes can really look in-game. Having a city size home is nice, but they have almost zero luster at night and it would be nice to highlight different points in their architecture both inside and out.

Let's get some directional lights, different colors, etc... telethon rewards, store purchased, and/or craftable, so we can make our items in-game pop.

Thanks!

2. Aurelius Silverson

Aurelius Silverson Avatar

Having built a small 'stage' it's been frustrating how limited the options for lighting it have turned out to be - directional lighting would be very nice, as would a 'remote' ability to switch lighting patterns rather than try turn each light source on or off individually.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.