1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Can we please have a toggle or a way to turn off the alcohol effect?

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by nimueCW, Jun 21, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nimueCW

nimueCW Bug Hunter

I love that the thought was put into adding the drunken camera effect when you drink alcohol, it adds immersion for those who care about that kind of thing.
    That 15 sec effect may not seem like much but I have pretty severe motion sickness and it wreaks havoc for me.
    Turning off camera effects does not shut it off, so I just have to tab out until its done.
    A toggle for it or even making it turn off with the other camera effects would be very helpful.
    Your (admittedly probably very small) motion sick players will thank you!

FBohler, Anpu and Time Lord like this.
  2. Krovakin

Krovakin Avatar

I doubt they will. The whole point of the effect is you get a good buff but you have to deal with the side effects. Only other thing they could do is not make you able to cast or move for 15 secs as a penalty but that would upset more players

3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

What I would prefer is the effect plays as your intoxication level increases. Drinking only one drink should not have the effect (10 Intoxication for 25 Year Whiskey). But if you start to consume several drinks and the intoxication level gets to around say 40, then the drunk effect starts showing.

4. Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long Avatar

If you use the /drink emote you get the effect and NO Bouses. It's annoying as hell since no one ever said that the drink emote was alcohol related. What if I'm role playing drinking tea?
    Give us the option to disable it.

5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

you don't get drunk if you are holding a teacup.

6. Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long Avatar

I get drunk holding NOTHING! Please fix it!

7. Krovakin

Krovakin Avatar

I agree if you arn't drinking anything then you shouldn't get the effect.... but as long as you are drinking booze you should get the effect and it should not be a toggle on / off effect. they just need to fix the /drink emote is all for when you have no drink selected. Put in a bug report for it @Lazarus Long . I'm sure if you let them know you are getting drunk with no booze they will fix that if you put in the bug report.

8. nimueCW

nimueCW Bug Hunter

There is a big difference between a negative item effect to balance the positive and a camera effect that literally makes me nauseous enough that I have to tab out or vomit on my keyboard. I have no issues that it exists, I just would love to turn it off so I can play a game a really enjoy without being sick.

FBohler likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.