Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Can we slow down these respawn times?

Discussion in 'Release 41 Feedback Forum' started by Lifedragn, Apr 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

Exploring Verdantis, the respawns are crazy fast. Hard to look around a room without having to fight off 2 or 3 waves. Why put in the details if we won't have time to explore them?

What I have seen does look nice. I like the little touches like hard to see lootable sacks or crates that you might miss if not looking carefully. Ore density is still either lacking or I've just not found the right rooms for it. Nothing like Graff has if you were looking for copper or gold. Even the gem density was way down, though their faster respawn time than the ore helps offset that a bit.

2. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Are the respawn rates the same for all modes?
    Maybe if you go alone in SPO it could be less???
    And for MP Modes (FM included) its higher, because this modes are for multiple players and coop groups.

Just a suggestion.

3. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

MPO is also for solo players who want to be in a lively world, that is what I thought when I bought into this game .... And the mines do say solo/group .... so It needs to be solo friendly as well ... JMHO

discipleofweb and Xandra7 like this.
  4. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

As far as I can tell, the respawn rates are pretty similar across Online modes. Its why SPO/Friends-Only grinding is so efficient. All the mobs at full respawn without any competition.

Stundorn likes this.
  5. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I spent some time in the new mines yesterday with the intent of actually mining. While there were nodes scattered around, I was again disappointed in that 90% of the time I was fighting (or running across falling bridges, or climbing laddres, or exploring empty hallways/buildings) and occasionally there'd be a node or two to smack. In some cases by time I chased down all hte fire elementals to go get the 1 copper node that was there, they'd respawn while I was mining it, and interrupt, and I''d have to go chase them all again. Ran through it all again, all the monsters were back, none of the nodes. I doubt I'll ever step foot in here again, which is a shame, cause its a really cool looking zone.

6. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

The dropping of actual longswords and daggers by the elves, as opposed to shoddy versions, do make the loot a bit more worth it. Also a great place to stock up on sulphurous ash. Great adventure zone. Really hard for a miner character to make it worth their while if ore is their goal. The Graff-based mines had 3 chambers packed with ore, and a couple side rooms with a couple nodes. The ore rooms had guardians meaning you still had continuous fighting as mobs and ore respawned pretty close together. But the density of ore felt good and felt productive.

All scenes are going to be compared to that sense of effort per node. But this is getting off my original topic and probably deserves its own thread.

uhop likes this.
  7. mass

mass Avatar

It's funny, I remember way back when, as people complained there wasn't good reason to settle in Drachvald, they promised that Graff Gem Mines would be a center for those looking to do mining. I always thought it would be because they would add something special to Graff; apparently it's really because they are nerfing the cr.p out of all the other mines :eek::p

8. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

Graff has always been good for copper and gold and some gem types. But copper and gold were the least rare metals around it seemed. As a tailor, Silver is the only one I need in any great amount, which also seems to be the one that will become hardest to find. 20 ore per masterwork attempt. 1 to 3 ore per node. And now nodes being spread further and further apart. Getting painful. Going to need to do a lot of elysium farming this month before they change that one too.

I'll probably try to build my enchanting once I have masterworking up. As a Drachvald resident I'll be at Graff a lot when the time comes for gold.

discipleofweb, uhop and mass like this.
  9. mass

mass Avatar

I think the rate of silver ore will be ok if you have already leveled and just want to make gear; but if you haven't leveled masterworking, it will be a terrible grind.

I think the OP is on to something in terms of balancing mining. Mob spawn certainly needs to be factored in.

Chatele likes this.
  10. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

GM tailor, 59 Masterwork, 24 Cloth Masterwork. 750K craft XP. I'd like to GM them, but even hitting 80 in both seems like it will be rough, let alone trying to pursue leather as well. These people GMing all the craft skills just seem crazy to me.

11. mass

mass Avatar

Definitely. My goal is to basically hit 50 for enchanting specialties and 4 or 5 armor/weapon masterworking specialties. It seems like the returns start diminishing after around 40 for the specialties, so at that point, you can make great gear, but not the absolute best gear. But even those humble aspirations will take a while.

12. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

Yeah seems like there is faster respawn in Elysium, even with potions to speed up mining.

I usually clear out the room and leave the bodies to slow it down and do some mining.

Scraps MacMutt likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.