Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Cannot target practice target or practice dummy

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by kazeookami, Feb 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kazeookami

kazeookami Avatar

I have tried both if offline and online single, friends, and multiplayer. I am unable to target the practice dummy or practice target. I have tried in my own home, and I have tried the public ones sitting out in Ardoris and Soltown. I first noticed the problem once about a week or two ago. It was not a major issue then as I still had A lot of other stuff to do. Unfortunately now I am lacking for a dedicated partner to play with so I am stuck playing alone A lot more. That ends up making these tools more valuable but I can't use them.

I can still hit them with special abilities but I can't target them to just outright beat on them with my weapon directly.

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@kazeookami, if you are in cursor mode, you can use either double click or shift click, but if you've chosen to use free-look mode (and i'm not too familiar with this) what you need to do is get the targeting reticle directly on it (while being close enough to swing). have all three of those methods failed for you?

3. kazeookami

kazeookami Avatar

Double, triple, quadruple clicks and beyond do not work( I have a dedicated double click button too) but.. Shift-click works. Thank you.

Alley Oop likes this.
  4. devourerofmemes

devourerofmemes Avatar

I have a similar issue, I believes it's related to the system treating them as pets. You can't target one owned by someone else unless they are in the scene, but even if I grab it put it into my inventory and reset it. They still own it somehow. The code is just breaking in a few spots. They just need to revamp the code so anyone can attack a placed practice dummy.

5. Alley Oop

it's ownership of the lot, not the dummy. you putting the dummy down on their lot doesn't make it yours.

6. devourerofmemes

devourerofmemes Avatar

yeah my point is to change the code and allow an option to let anyone on my lot hit it, not just myself. I hope that makes sense. I would like for Alley Oop to come to my lot and be able to hit my dummy when I'm not present. Just like how the npc dummies work, were anyone in the scene can attack it.

KrisWald likes this.
  7. Alley Oop

well, yes, but that's not a bug. it's a (common) feature request (they're working on).

KrisWald and devourerofmemes like this.
  8. devourerofmemes

devourerofmemes Avatar

Ah my bad, I assumed they were supposed to work like the ones you find in the world and figured it was botched code.

Alley Oop likes this.
  9. Alley Oop

nope, it's on the someday list. the changes they're making to player vendors next release are actually a first step on it.

devourerofmemes likes this.
  10. devourerofmemes

devourerofmemes Avatar

Considering the current to do list, I'd put it low on the totem pole then haha. Glad to here it's on the radar though. Thanks for the info <3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.