Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Cannot Unlearn Air Spells via Unlearn Book - Also Cannot train down "Chain Lightning"

Discussion in 'Release 33 Bug Forum' started by Fruck, Sep 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fruck

Fruck Avatar

1. Title: Cannot Unlearn Air Spells via Unlearn Book - Also Cannot train down "Chain Lightning"
    2. Reproduction Rate: 100%
    3. Blocker? Yes will not let me refund skill points, suppose thats not critical but slows progression
    4. Details: Cannot select untrain Chain Lightning nor can I use the Unlearn Book on any spell in the air tree
    5. Steps to Reproduce: Try to right click to instant unlearn does not work on anything in air tree
    6. User Specs: i7 6700k 32 GB ram GTX 970

2. Inevitability

Inevitability Avatar

Why would you do such a thing all spells are needed at atleast 60-80 just for attunement plus so air mages dont kill you fast :)

3. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Please review the skills in your tree to make sure that there are no skills below the one that you are trying to untrain that require it as a prerequisite. It is not possible to unlearn any skills below a point where any other skill at a greater tier is still drawing upon its level as a prerequisite. For instance, Summon Air Elemental requires a prerequisite of Chain Lightning at 40 which would prevent its ability to be unlearned.

Thanks for reporting.

4. Fruck

Fruck Avatar

I have not trained air elem. So you cannot untrain a skill if another skill is dependent on it? regardless of if you have trained the dependent skill? If thats the case you will never unlearn anything...

5. Hakadek

Hakadek Avatar

I have the same issue, in fact there are far more skills that will not give me the unlearn option than those that will.

In each case there are no dependent skills below the level I am trying to unlearn.

It is not just Air, same problem with Light Armor for example.

The behavior is inconsistent.

For example right-clicking on 'Tame Creature' does not offer to Unlearn, as 'Summoning' is dependent on it and has been learned. Right-clicking on 'Summoning' does offer it which would seem to be correct.

However, if you right click on 'Ranger Combat' it is offered even though there are both 'Aimed Shot' and 'Disabling Shot' dependent on it and learned with points earned. But clicking on either of those two skills does not offer it even though they have no dependencies below them...

Light Armor doesn't offer it at any level.

Focus offers it at all levels regardless of dependencies.

Now I've not tried to select the option for the ones I don't want to lose, so perhaps it will error at that point, but it doesn't explain why there is such inconsistency it where it is shown as an option.

6. Julyn

Julyn Developer Emeritus

Thank you for the continued update, It's been submitted.

Cheers,
    Julyn

7. TarrNokk

TarrNokk Avatar

Same issue here. On different skill trees I cannot unlearn those even when they dont have depending skills below.
    Here: Air's Embrace & Dash, Vanish (Moon), can only set to "not Training". Summoning can switched to "unlearning" but stops at score 1.

8. Dytand

Dytand Avatar

Same issue here.
    Need to unlearn Aimed shot, Disabling shot, Ammo scavenger, but i can't get the arrows down, only stop training or training.
    And i have not learn other skill after Aimed shot, Disabling shot, Ammo scavenger.
    It work fine on the first skill in all skill tree, but not the next line of skill.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.