Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Can't bind jump to left Ctr

Discussion in 'Release 30 Feedback Forum' started by Couldin, Jun 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Couldin

Couldin Avatar

Being a left handed player (right hand on the keyboard) it's really hard to hit the jump button without mashing the B and V (camera) buttons because I have to use the palm of my hand. I'd like to be able to bind it to left control as it's really the only one that's easy to hit without just mashing buttons.

A quick test is to put your right hand on the wasd buttons and feel the struggle, it's real. It is really hard when you're trying to jump out of stuns and knock downs.

2. Bodhbh Dearg

Bodhbh Dearg Avatar

You can rebind WASD, and the cursor keys are by default secondaries for WASD...

I understand your challenge tho! (I''m a forced right-handed lefty)

3. Couldin

Couldin Avatar

moving WASD gets you away from the left alt, which is used for targeting yourself.

I was given a great solution in discord, but you need to have a razer mouse or keyboard. I used the razer software to bind my spacebar to my mouses side button and set it to do that only for SotA. If I had a razer keyboard I could set the spacebar to bind to the left control. Great fix, but it does require specific hardware/software.

4. Bodhbh Dearg

Bodhbh Dearg Avatar

I've got a Roccat (Isku FX, I wish SotA also supported AlienFX, not only Razer FX) and there I can do similar things, also on the left side I have 5 extra keys I can assign for that... Decent gaming hardware *does* help! (A lot!)

5. Serafina

Serafina Portalarian Emeritus

Thank you for the feedback! I've moved this to the Feedback forum to better address this.

Bodhbh Dearg likes this.
  6. Bluefire

Bluefire Avatar

I agree, more keys being able to be mapped just makes the game more accessible. I hope they eventually free up all keys so we can map them!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.