Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Can't create a bolt of cloth

Discussion in 'Release 32 Dev+' started by Absolum, Jul 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Absolum

Absolum Avatar

I have been unable to craft a bolt of cloth.
    Blocker: Yes if you need a bolt of cloth.
    I have tried to create a bolt in Soltown, Ardoris, and Brittany Wharfs. I failed in all locations. The recipe is listed in my recipe book and shows up in the side bar to be clicked on to load the loom. The bottom right area says there is no recipe and the craft button does not light up. Creating spools of thread is not a problem.
    Windows 10 latest update
    Core i7-4770 3.4 GH
    16 GB of memory

Edit
    I still haven't crafted a bolt of cloth but I had a similar problem with crafting a yard of leather. I wasn't able to craft a Yard of Leather until I reached level 24 in the tanning skill. I am guessing that certain minimum skill levels are necessary to craft items even if you have the recipe. So this is probably not a bug.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
    royalsexy and Acred like this.
  2. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

If it isn't a bug then the recipe book or the recipes in the list need the skill requirements beside them.

Also the recipes in the list should light up only if the recipe requiements have been met.

And one last comment, Edwin needs some new quests as you can only make the cloth spools. If the recipe have skill level assigned to them, who's going to go back to Edwin a bunch of times just to make the items and get the xp. (Not me when there are faster ways to gain xp. Or at least there was. Now I'm worried about them as well.)

3. Absolum

Absolum Avatar

I was finally able to craft a bolt of cloth today when my textile skill reached 25. I have no problem with that part. However I was able to craft a set Epic Leather Armor for my character. I believe this is due to more available leather supplies. It is simply quicker to collect hides than raw cotton. It seems backwards that I can craft the best light armor available in the game before I can craft the componets for the most basic armor in the game. I think some adjustment is needed. I looked at the release notes. I was also able to craft a two handed sword and two long bows. I was a little surprised at how effective they were. Without them I was averaging about 43 experience points saved. After I started using them it went to about 300-400 and if I am in an area where I can fight skeletons 900-1300. Part of the reason crafting rises so fast is salvage. After the April wipe I crafted about a dozen long bows and a storage chest. My carpentry level is above 90. Most of those levels came from salvage. I am already at level 40 or above in blacksmithing and tailoring. The levels in tailoring come from the aforementioned abundance of leather not salvage. Salvage allows construction of materials with only half of the wood or ore making harvesting of those materials doubly effective. If the experience gained from salvage were adjusted down some it might help creating a market for basic equipment.
    @Attenwood

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.