Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Can't Login

Discussion in 'Release 26 Dev+' started by Count Napoli, Feb 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Count Napoli

Count Napoli Avatar

***UPDATED INFO***

Bug Title
    : Login not possible

Reproduction Rate: 100% of times

Blocker? Yes

Details: When I reach the login screen and click in the User Name field to clear the <username> text and type in my user name the User Name field goes haywire. It starts to flash the cursor alternately with the Password field below it. In other words the cursor jumps between the two fields every quarter second.

I can only type in a single letter before the cursor jumps to the prior field again thus not allowing me to type in my whole user name. When the cursor jumps back to the User Name field, striking the second letter in my user name only replaces the first letter I typed.

This started all of a sudden with release of approx. update #22.

Steps to Reproduce?: Just closing down the game and opening it back up.

User Specs: I'm using an i5 wth Windows 7. This issue started with the 22nd release approx and I just assumed it would clear in a later update, but it hasn't in any of the following releases since then.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
  2. Count Napoli

Count Napoli Avatar

I didn't understand the lack of attention to this issue with only 2 views so far. I've updated the post to the proper format.

3. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

The lack of attention likely comes because the QA early access servers were done for R26 and most bug reports/players were reporting in the Live R26 forums.

The Early Access QA R27 forums will be going live shortly if you continue to see the issue once that update pushes. If possible could you tell us which client build number you're experiencing this issue for. Also do you happen to have any extraneous input devices plugged in beyond a normal mouse/keyboard?

4. smack

smack Avatar

@Count Napoli -- this issue typically happens if you have a joystick or gamepad connected that is causing the cursor to jump between fields like that. I had this exact issue randomly happen and it was because my Saitek X-55 HOTAS throttle was not centered after using it for other games. I re-centered it and the issue went away. Try that or just disconnect any other input devices you have have connected.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.