Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Can't Paste Password when logging in

Discussion in 'Release 2 Feedback' started by ryutenchi, Jan 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ryutenchi

ryutenchi Avatar

This is a huge deal for those of us that use generators and a keyring to try to stay safe. I have a 32 random character password... You can see my issue with not being able to paste a password in. I have the OSX version R2. I tried both Command+V and Control+V, neither worked. Sorry if this was wrong place to post this.

2. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

I'll give you a secret for secure password creation that is also easy to type.

pick a row of keys say xdr5 then hit shift XDR% then pick another IOP{iop[ and so forth.. so you could do: xdr5iop[XDR%IOP{ easy to remember, pretty secure, easy to type.

Ofcourse the lack of security here is keyloggers will be able to capture it. but I suppose they should be able to capture your clipboard content as well.

3. Umbrae

Umbrae Avatar

Dude, you are hardcore. :) Not many users like you. I can paste in the Windows version, so its probably due to the Mac version. I would submit a bug report for it.

Ever thought about using a YubiKey? They work like a USB keyboard. You highlight the field and hit the button and it types in your password. I always wanted one, but instead I used varying password strength depending on the system I am using. I also avoid using close to dictionary words and stuff that shows up in password crackers. In the end, password will not be a secure method for authenication for much longer anyway.

4. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I can paste a password in the Mac version using cmd-v. There was an update yesterday to sota-sox-r2-p1.zip

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.