Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Can't Put Duplicate Items in Container

Discussion in 'Release 28 Bug Forum' started by Black Tortoise, Apr 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

1. Duplicate items won't load in a container, and appear destroyed at first.
    2. 100%
    3. No, but it does make moving my house a PITA ;)

4. I am putting things away in a wooden chest to make moving my house a bit simpler. If I put +1 of any object into the chest, it disappears. The count of the object in the chest does not increase. The object is not listed twice. The object disappears from the world, or so it appears. Logging out, and logging back in will display the object in its original position in the house.

For example, I place one Iron Lantern in the chest, and I see it appear in the chest inventory. Then I place a second Iron Lantern in the chest, and absolutely nothing happens, but the Iron Lantern is no longer in my hand. I expect to see "Iron Lantern (2)" or at least, the same name listed twice in a row, but it only shows the original latern placed in there. Log out / log in, and the lantern is back on the shelf where it originally was.

5. open container. place in object. place in a 2nd instance of the same object. 2nd instance disappears. log out / log in, 2nd instance is sitting wherever it was originally in the house.

6. Ubuntu 14.04 linux, intel i5 3.2ghz, 16GB ram, nVidia 550 ti

2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

The issue seems to be with trying to take an object that's placed as a deco and attempting to stack it. This issue does not occur for two lanterns being moved from container to container. Thanks for the report. Submitting!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.