Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Can't unlearn a skill if there is an unopened one below it

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by Vladamir Begemot, Jan 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

1/31/2018 2:04 AM
    Title: Can't unlearn a skill if there is an unopened one below it
    Reproduction Rate:100%
    Blocker? In a way, can't get my XP back
    Details:
    You cannot unlearn a skill if there is a follow on skill that hasn't been opened yet.

For instance, at this time, I can't unlearn Swiftness because I haven't opened Acrobatics. Since I'm unlearning all of Light Armor, that makes no sense. That XP is just trapped.

Since there isn't a skill below it opened, I should be able to unlearn it to 1.

Steps to Reproduce: In this example (works for all of them) train Swiftness to 35. Chance your mind and try to unlearn it. You can't.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz (12) System RAM: 24411
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.727.Date.01.30.18
    Area: POT_mountain_metropolis_01_template/S Mart Factorium
    Area Display Name: S Mart Factorium
    Loc: (93.2, 78.0, 13.4)
    Debug: UE9UX21vdW50YWluX21ldHJvcG9saXNfMDFfdGVtcGxhdGV8UyBNYXJ0IEZhY3Rvcml1bXwoOTMuMTcyLCA3Ny45OTYsIDEzLjQyNyl8KDAsIDAuNjcyLCAwLCAwLjc0KXwyNTU3LjUyOXwzNC44NzkxN3w1LjExODU4Ng==

2. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

@Vladamir Begemot AFAIK for a total unlearning you need a "potion of unlearning" (don't know the exact wording)

3. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

No, the unlearning item will take you down to whatever the rules allow. For instance, I totally untrained the Ranged tree manually, bringing the final skills down to 1, the early skills down to 20 (the next skill requires 20, so I can't go below that) and the majority down to 40. Even with the item that is the minimum we can go to.

Here's the bug: It isn't checking to see if you actually opened the next skill. So it can never be unlearned until it's met the threshold to open the next one, whether you are going to open it or not. Expected behavior would be to be able to unlearn down to 1 if there is no skill opened below it, as you can with the last skills in the trees.

This isn't just confusing me, I saw a post on reddit this morning about a guy trying to figure out why he can't unlearn something that clearly should be able to be, and everyone that helpfully responded was also incorrect about how the system works. I think it's because we don't spend much time unlearning, so this is just now showing up! :D

Rentier likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.