Cash Grab Game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bioxide, Feb 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I can agree, it seems like POT's and housing have taken a lot of the thunder from the game, and it definately seems to be a focus. I like to think that's because they are doing a great job on it.. but they still release soem amazing scenes and have every month for the last few releases. I don't have the background of Ultima or UO, but I can understand what you are missing, but I don't have to remind you this game is not finished yet (and let's be honest, the POT's are still taking up much development time), but guilds and friends are not unique to UO and do exist in Shroud.. so I don't see yet your point with that there.. YES the game needs to be more interesting to the PVE'er (me!) because all I seem to do now is gather equipment and craft crap.

Hmmm.. pvp is another ball of wax that I just started toying with, and I know they need a lot of love on their end.. and it seems to me the dev's are spendind a lot of time (or they did, once upon a time) tweaking the combat for pvp alone.. at the expense of many other systems in play. Anyway.. I hope the pvp world can become more rewarding as well.. this game has come a long way, but so much more to come.

We can't keep thinking the game is going to be like this forever.. that is silly.. I hate saying this, but gotta wait yet. And the OP was about how this game is pay 2 win, and a cash grab.. it's not, and it's not even a game yet, is it?

kazeandi likes this.
  2. Bioxide

Bioxide Avatar

please refrain from name calling, i find it offensive just because i dont see your view point there is no need to harras me in the fourms.

Fister Magee likes this.
  3. kazeandi

kazeandi Avatar

It needs a lot of work on many fronts to become a game, and much more to become one worth playing in a gaming world where much better game designs exist and much more fun concepts are being applied than the "random card" stuff we have here.
    Someone in the other thread talked about "weather having effects on the schools and magic" and so on, which sounds interesting, but I don't see that even on the horizon, if I look at how the game plays now, after 2 years, versus what they expect the game to be in July, in 5 months.

Maybe, just maybe, if the cash shop is "perfect" from their POV (not sure this can even ever happen), they might focus more on the game than on the meta and start to produce those fun mechanics, but I'm afraid that casting an interesting spell that doesn't generate real life dollars has not much priority and hence might never happen.

Smitty, Fister Magee and Ice Queen like this.
  4. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

Well, one would assume that if one has gobs of gold, one could buy very powerful equipment, which would then aid the player in breezing through the story.

Ice Queen likes this.
  5. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I'm sorry you are so dissatisfied and have lost interest in the game. I enjoyed meeting you in-game, and you did extensive build testing and wrote up a very great deal of most excellent feedback. I'm sure it contributed to some of the improvements we have been seeing.

6. FireLotus

FireLotus Royal Bard & Master Dabbler Dev Emeritus

This thread already exists in several shapes and forms on the forums with discussions already in progress. This is being closed as a Dupe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.